Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lightest explorer 2

Andy UK

I reckon this could be the lightest explorer 2 in the world, I converted it the other day to my straight shaft system, it is awsome, even with my 12" coil.
Headphone jack is in the battery compartment at the back.

Hope you like.

I'd like to see a better photo of how the pod is attached to the handle. Looks clean.

More----tell us and show us more!!!-----That looks really good---VERY interesting.------How much does the unit weigh now?

Hi Guys, sorry for delay. I will take some more pictures real soon for you to look and try to explain how to do it.

Andy

thanks Andy that's great of you to do this, looking forwards to the extra pics and more info.........:clapping:
i have some health problems and love my explorer machine but not its weight. i did try at one time using my explorer with an extension cable but found the main body of the machine to uncomfortable to search with because of wear you had to wear it to the body.
the shaft and coil was great the search with, very light to swing. but every thing else was a pain. more so when you came to dig a hole.

i can't under stand why minelab didn't make the explorer similar to yours in the first place. i guess they wanted to go for a more future looking style of machine at the time of design it.

DSCF9917-1.jpg

DSCF8949.jpg

5-17.jpg

7-8.jpg

Looks like you coupled up a C-Scope armrest/battery compartment with the Explorer. From what experience I've had with a C-Scope...that is the most practical use for that brand. I heard the R-1 might be better,but the Newforce CS-4MZ or whatever it was...really sucked!

Hi Andy,

How much does yours weigh ?, I done mine a bit of time ago, runs on Li-Ion 3000mAh. I'll weigh mine and put a pic up