Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lifelong Tesoro User

MarlboroMan

I just found this forum and decided to register and reply. From 1975 to present, I've had so many brands of metal detectors that I've lost count of them all. Numerous high-end brands such as Whites MXT, DFX, Minelab (2), Fisher's, you name them and I've had one. I settled on Tesoro brands in the early 90's and haven't looked back.

I used the Lobo till I just about wore the thing out, then switched to Silver Umax (still have it). I bought the Cortes two years ago, but traded it for the DeLeon (larger readout). The Deleon and Silver Umax will do me for the rest of my life, then I'll pass them on to my grandkids.

Anyways, not knocking the other brands, but Tesoro is VERY HARD TO BEAT when it comes to finding smaller, deeper objects like dimes or rings. My friend has the DFX by Whites and I always seem to come home with more and better finds? My other buddy has a CZ3D by Fisher and does good with it, but complains of all those tones constantly chirping and gives him a headache.

If you want to stop brand surfing and settle down for a ONE TIME PURCHASE...I'd go for the DeLeon. Same circuits as the Cortes, but the readout is MUCH larger and easier to see. Use the stock coil and a pair quality phones and I GUARANTEE you'll never look at other brands of detectors.

In my test garden, I buried a silver rosie at 9" and a pull tab at 4" directly over the top. My friends DFX picked up the tab no problem, but failed to recoginze the rosie? My other friends Fisher read "foil" but my Deleon clearly read 95...9"...silver" on the display. Go figure? That's my two cents. BTW, last year, I accidently dropped my DeLeon in the creek, it floated about 50' downstream, I sent it back to Tesoro and 5 days later, my brand new DeLeon arrived back on my doorstep.

Tim

Well said Tim...
What an endorsement you are for Tesoro!
You've certainly had the chance to make an experienced comparison of detectors, looking at all of your previous machines;I have just got myself a Cortes and you give me great confidence!
Previously I have had a Gold Sabre plus, and my wife still uses ~ and won't part with her Silver Sabre plus.
The Tesoros are light, balanced and good on the eyes with great electronics and coils...

I too have had a lot of detectors and still do, mostly because I enjoy an embarrasment of riches in my life. Thanks you and praises to God.

However, If I had to settle on one brand and only a few detectors, it'd be Tesoro, hands down. I too have stories to tell of the goodies my Tesoro's have found when others couldnt and the excellent service the company offers. It's a fact: they mean it when they say LIFETIME GUARANTEE.

Im with the Marlboro Man. If I could have but two detectors(since no one should have just one), make em Tesoros.

I once had an old Bandido in the plastic box...man that was a great detector... well one day I had it sitting on the ground and I stepped on it hard wearing army boots. Cracked the case and bent off a control knob.

I sent it to Tesoro and offered to pay for the repairs because it was my own dumb fault and I was not even the original owner. They put a new case and pot on it, and replaced a few knobs, and tuned it up for free, PLUS I got it back in ten days.

That taught me a lesson about Tesoro. There are a number of fine manufacturers with good products but Tesoro is FAR AND AWAY #1 in customer service. Every time I ever dealt with the factory it was a positive experience and they never charged me a dime.

They seem really happy that you chose Tesoro and it doesn't matter if you own a 15 year old unit, you get the same treatment.

That is rare and special in this day and age...part of why you can't go wrong buying Tesoro!

Joe

Same sort of story here. I bought a used unit, it was acting erratic. They fixed it - replaced the coil - tuned er up and sent it back. Cost? Nada. Zilch.
They mean it.

Excellent choice and they do take care of their customers. Great instruments and they work! Wirechief, CET.:tesoro::detecting: