Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point

SeniorSeeker

[size=x-large]Burned Biscuits[/size]
How great this is and oh so true

When I was a kid, my Mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my Mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed!

Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that ugly burned biscuit. He ate every bite of that thing... never made a face nor uttered a word about it!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits every now and then."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!"

As I've grown older, I've thought about that many times. Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today... that you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker! We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship! "Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your own."

So, please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burned one will do just fine. Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

A good one to remember, as we never know what battle another person is fighting to endure and overcome which is done with Jesus as our own personal Savior and Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

So,since I'm not one of you,My life is Pointless?
Ken.

Welcome Ken, Yes, without Jesus as your own personal Savior by believing faith in Him, then your life will be useless when you face God at His great white Judgement Throne, for if He doesn't know you by being saved through Jesus, His beloved and only, begotten Son, then you will be cast into outer darkness and then into the Lake of Fire!

Rev. 21: (7 ) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his (her) God, and he shall be my son (a born again child of the Living God, Who is Jesus! (:geek: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death!

Our mortal bodies die but the souls of mankind live on either with Jesus by having immortal and incorruptible bodies or in the fire where satan and all sinners will be (those who do not believe in Jesus nor accept Him as their personal Savior, for only by His shed blood in being crucified for all sinners are we cleansed whole to be worthy to be the Children of God Jehovah. We accept Him by believing faith that He is Who He says He is (God with us) and by repenting of all our sins, because all are born sinners and need a Savior and the only Lord and Savior is Christ Jesus! We are not to sin again willfully, but if we do, we can ask God for forgiveness again in Jesus' name and He will forgive, but continuous sinning like the world will not do for salvation and being with Him forever more in His beautiful, golden city called, New Jerusalem! I hope this explains but if you really want to know the truth of God, then call out to Him and ask forgiveness and tell Him, you don't know Him or understand and believe me, He wll show Himself to you in many different ways by filling your heart with his existance and His absolute truth by reading and studying the Holy Bible containing God's wisdom for everyone and Jesus' love letters of how much He loves us and wants us to know and love Him! He will not turn anyone away, who truly ask and seek Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength! May God bless you to draw nearer to Him and then He will draw closer to you for you to accept Jesus as your own personal Savior and Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Thank you, Bro. Martin for posting this again! It has been 7 years--where has the time gone? I don't remember most who posted but I hope Ken has found God's love & has a personal relationship with Jesus by now! Looks like I was as GABBY then as I am now & still Love & serve my blessed Savior & Lord Jesus! Members come & go-- so has SIS Digger disappeared--Are you still with us? For I sure do miss you & everyone who has gone AWOL! :crylol: Ma Betty

Very nice story senior seeker, sounds like your dad was a kind and understanding man. Love those little stories like that. God bless