Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lets remember!!

Royal

http://www.pillowsforsoldiers.com/soongone.html

Debbbie made 10 pillow cases and mailed them yesterday. They'll be going to the single soldiers of the 25IDL returning from Iraq in October. The goal is 4700 and it now stands at over 2500.

Dave

it serves as a constant reminder of how all the military forces, young, old, black, white, ....just what they have done for people like me! Thanks for sharing! :)

n/t

get pictures of our vets in uniform and a current picture. We are also trying to get information about their time in service. We want to honor them the Sunday before Veteran's day. We are trying to get something like a slide show to show visually with the Battle Hymn of the Republic paying in the background. My friend "Bud" was in a Navy Medical Unit attached to a Marine unit in the Pacific during WWII. He lied about his age to get in and his father did sign for him. There are many things that he has told me told me that only men in war know. They rarely talk to anyone outside the military, if they talk to anyone about these things. What he has told me will remain between us and will not be in our honorarium. One of the men was in Viet Nam and it had a big effect on him. I had polio when I was two and it did enough damage that I did not serve. This does not stop me from giving honor and respect to those that have served. If you have a way to give honor to those that are vets, on or before Nov. 11 (actual Veteran's Day) or Nov. 12 (Veteran's Day observed), be sure to do it. What we as a church are doing is to be a surprise. May God Bless our Vets.

lost quite a few male friends to the Vietnam War, and have letters from on guy in particular. He was terrified the whole time he was there, and two weeks before his was to returned home, was killed. I will never forget this! To this day, when I see his family, they always talk to me and we always mention how special Dennis was to all of us! The Vietnam Memorial Wall..........forget not crying if you ever get to visti there......you have no control. The tear started from the minute I spotted it from many blocks away, and it was just overwhelming! Our vets and military deserve any good thing that can be done, large or small, to let them know how we appreciate all of them!

This will be quite a tribute, Paul! :)