Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lets Get Hi- Tech. Options. Sweep Speed Vs Coil Type. KHz's

Reconmarine63

It seem to me that different KHz Freq. and coil type need to sweep at some at faster or slowed speeds to get deeper weaker targets?? Is Just me!!!! Options

Hi Marine.
I suppose you could sweep a bit faster with lower freq coils as they dont pick up as much interference or small pain in the ... iron fragments etc where-as the higher freqs like the 18.75s will pick up the tiniest of bits of junk and interference when its around. This can make you have to slow right down, in particular the interference side of things. But, I tend to hold to the rule of thumb this, the more junk and closer it is together regardless of coil type the slower I go so that I can isolate each and every target and allow the machine to analyse it properly. A fast sweep when it gets thick causes target overlap and false readouts.
You dont want this when there is the chance of nailing your once in a lifetime find. Today I was out and looking for gold, I only got 1 bit but was happy to have found anything as the targets were pretty scarce where I was. The ground was a bit hot so it was "go slow" time. I reckon if I had been sweeping faster than I was, about 6 seconds from go to whoah, I would have not heard it at all. It was faint and about 4 inches down and just a 1/2 gram bit.
Hope it helps. Slow is best unless your on a beach and looking for just dropped goodies and want to beat the next guy to it.
But, its good to use a tester for wherever you are, a bit of gold or coin buried to its near max detectable depth, and then see what suits that area you are in.
Tunes you in big time.
Good luck mate.
ps, I saw your picture in another post, Im glad your on our side dude:thumbup: stay safe.