Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lesche Tool Broke, has this happened to anyone else?

buckrod

I was digging a grass plug and began to pry it out. The ground wasn't all that hard and look what happened. I can't believe this thing broke like this. Good thing I had a new spare in the van. After replacing I dug a wheat penny. Does anyone know if there is any warranty against breakage on these Lesche Tools?

I think his name is george at preditor tools. He has quite a story to tell how preditor tools came to be. He carries on the tradition of doing things right and could brobably tell you why your digger broke.

Lesche tools have a five year warranty, contact them at;
W.W. Manufacturing, 800-425-5547

and having had many of them since they first came out, I have never seen one break like that...ever. The ones George makes you would have to try real hard in concrete or very very hard ground to get it to break like that. Yours looks like one of the old one, but it is hard to tell. Also looks like it has served you well and time for a new one!

I have owned mine since the mid 1990's and if it broke now. I'd frame it and buy a new one from the guy who designed them and started the company... George Lesche of Predator Tools. One heck of a tool and design for our hobby!!!!

John

I got a lot of use out of this tool. I have never sharpened it or filed on it. The wear is all from digging. The dirt I was prying out of the hole wasn't even all that hard. I did have a new spare in the car. I'll replace it with the Predator. Thanks for the input.

WOW! When I first saw the picture I thought you must have been trying to pry up a concrete slab :bouncy:. It's hard to believe that it broke while you were digging a plug. I've used the lesche for years. I've seen the blades wear down a lot but I've never seen the blade break. I've got to believe they would replace it for free.