Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legends are made of this

pennywt

Back in the days that I was the only civilian working a Military Reserve Center in Tacoma, washington; It was my custom to take a few of the servicemen deer hunting with me each year.
We'd load up in my motorhome and head into Northeastern Washington, to my friend's hunting/fishing resort.
These friends owned 800 acres, including two sides of a medium large lake.
One year, I took two Marines and a Navyman with me. The "old" Gunny and I were the experienced hunters, with many a deer under our belt, but the Corporal and the Chief Petty Officer were new meat, that had never shot a deer.
We paired up, me taking the Chief and the Gunny taking the Corporal. According to what i was told around the campfire, that night; The Marines jumped a sizable buck and the Gunny told the kid to "take him".
The Corporal raised his rifle and fired, but only wounded the deer. The deer jumped into the lake and started to slowly swim toard the other side.
The young Marine, seeing his fisrt deer getting away, threw down his rifle and drawing his Marine issue K-Bar (knife) started running along the bank of the lake, trying to be there, when the deer reached the opposite shore.
The Marine was tearin up the tundra. He jumped fences, waded cold water marshes and crashed through thickets.
On the other side of the lake was a public campground. A group of hunters had gathered on the shore, watching this buck swimming towards them, when out of the bushes sprang a crazy man with a knife, yelling "That's MY deer!"
"Well, have at him, son!" One old timer yelled and the insane man dove into the water to cut the weary animal's throat.
We stayed at that camp for a week and each day a new and more exaggerated story was told about a tough Marine, who hunted deer with only a knife.
True story.

To have witnessed the reaction of those hunters who watched this happen! Yep,I bet the legend of the tough marine gets retold every year at deer camp.Great story!

one night up deer hunting.

This was many years ago and I had forgotten all about it. We were hunting up near Hillman Michigan and the four of us had gone into town to the Bambi Bar. I swear this was long before it went Gay :D

I got pretty loaded.as did the dang fools with me. Back then we could carry our hunting knives in the bars with us, mebby you still can, I don't know.

Well we were headed back to camp and I was riding shotgun. My buddy who was driving was too drunk to ride shotgun and the two in the back seat were too drunk even be aware of what state we were in.

All of a sudden, up ahead was a dang deer, standing right on the edge of the dang highway. I mean right on the edge! I don't know for sure now because I was sorta drunk but I think I mentioned that.

My buddy driving asked if anybody had a gun and thank god nobody did because I never held with poaching. Well with a gun anyway.

Anyway back to the dang deer. For some reason I figured I could grab that dang deer and cut its throat if the dumbarse driving could get me close enough. The deer was frozen by the headlights and just stood there. I told my buddy, I think it was Larry, to pull up on it slowly and get close. I was a giggling as if I was in my right mind by then. In my poluted mind I had already grabbed that scrawny little pissant doe, drug her in the front seat and cut her throat. It is funny how you can convince your own self that something stupid makes lotsa sense at the time.

The headlights would freeze her but when we got close enough for me to over power her the light would be off here and she would bolt. Oh no she wernt gonna.

I grabbed my spotlight off the seat and had the knife in my right hand and hung out the window, ready to do death to that scrawny little doe. I was da man and I was bad and I was a gonna cut that dang does throat. I was a knowing just want Jeffery Daumer must have felt like except these weren't no pervert deer. We don't have them in Michigan.

Larry eased that dang car up and alongside that deer and I was hanging out the window with the light in her eyes. I was a giggling quiet like and farting, cuz of the back pressure of trying to be quiet like. Knife was at the ready and deer was bout to die by my hand.

I was da man. At the last minute I dropped the light as my arm was going around the dang scrawny arsed deers neck. I screamed, " I GOT HER!" and for some reason that got translated to Larrys pitiful brain, did I mention that Larry was stupid along with drunk? anyway, that got translated to "STEP ON IT" and that stupid SOB took off and I didn't. Me and the deer didn't that is. I was hanging out the door by my belly button and had a wild arsed deer by the neck and the car left.

Corse the deer neck cutting was forgot about then and I let go and the deer took off. Well I got that backwards. The deer took off and then I let go. There were about ten feet of rough dragging in between. I weren't a giggling no more but that idiot Larry was when he came a roaring back in reverse. Dang near ran me over too. He yelled, did you get her?? He was laughing his arse off and the other two were too and soon I was too. I thought about cutting his throat but I was too drunk to drive.

Thank you for reminding me of something that I had long forgotten. I was all skinned up but the next morning we had to put together out collective memories to make sense of my condition. I didn't remember getting in a fight but sure felt like I had.

Sounds about like something us Marines would do. Point being, Royal is a former Marine too and read his story just below my post. I would have loved to have seen the expressions on the faces of those hunters at that public camp. Thanks for posting this story, I really enjoyed it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :):usmc:

n/t

n/t

n/t