Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Left a 0028 in a tree root ( Colonial Site ) @ 6"

n/t

Yes, I had a similar situation a few years ago. I wasn't patient enough when digging it out though. It turned out to be an 1830 Bust Dime that was between two thick roots of an old maple tree. The signal sounded too good to just let it go and it took me about ten minutes to find the coin. I put a scratch in the reverse during recovery. :cry: Went to the hardware store the next day and got a few tools to use with tree roots in the future.

Mark

I have a battery powered saws all that I always carry in the truck along with the long blades...It is quiet, fast and effective

Go to flea market and get a serrated knife not made in China as they can be had quite cheaply and sharpen same as it helps..Do be careful
as killing a tree in your neighbors front yard by root cutting can pose a problem but out in the woods small roots carefully cut usually do little or no damge to a full grown tree with many roots..
Of coure a variety of tools will help but for inexpensive tool that is easy to carry try the above..

Got it, 1843 Token the size of a Large Cent and all the writing is backwards both sides. I would post photo's but I have too much camera and will not load to site.

Found a 1899 Barber quarter once that the roots of a huge oak had actually grown around. I made the hole as big as I could and eventually, I could get two fingers on and I got it pried out. I remember my first year of detecting, I left two coins in roots and I never forgot that. I went back years later and they were gone. That will not happen again. Good luck and get that coin! R.L.