Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learned something from you tube

n4ue

Hi. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures of my 'arm brace'. I guess I'll have to break out an old digital camera. The new phone takes pictures that are WAY too big to post here.....

Anyway. Does anyone know of a source of the foam used in detector armbands? I haven't been to my local craft store, yet. Right now, I using a rubber pad from my insurance agent, to help open jars. Works OK, but...

I fixed my TIG welder (which acted up while I was making my first arm brace), so, I'll have to make a few more, for practice. It's a quick attach/detach type. I have a lot of older Garretts and a bad wrist. Too many big bore handguns for too many years......

Lastly, I was watching a you tube video of a Russian chap using an ACE250. There are several videos about adding a volume control. I purchased several in-line volume controls which fixes that issue (if you don't have headphones w/volume controls). However, this one chap had a plug in, that flashed an LED instead of the speaker.
It was so simple, I never thought of it! Today, I tried some LEDs wired into a 1/4" phone plug. Although I buy LEDs by the 100s for my repair sideline, I liked the look of the high intensity red color. Very simple. When plugged into the headphone connector, the LED simulates the speaker. Used an old, small pill bottle painted black.

Hopefully, I'll send pictures of this soon. sigh.

Sorry for the long post.

ron
N4UE
(ham operator for 50 years, Electrical Engineer)

Not the exact, but works for me is an old set of waders or wet suit material: Neoprene and glued with AquaSeal. Try a dive shop, they just might have some scrap material laying around. That is where I got mine for FREE, a wonderful price for anything.

To practice posting pictures, will you post one of the LED and a diagram of its wiring?

Thanks

Depending on if you have a Mac or a PC machine, go to www.downloads.com

Put in GIMP

Gimp is a FREE program that you can download. Almost FOUR MILLION users. Highly recommended. Some features similary to Adobe Photoshop.

You can resize, crop, and do other edits of your photos and then easily post them on FINDMAlL.

The PC version of GIMP has almost FOUR MILLION downloads...
http://download.cnet.com/GIMP/3000-2192_4-10073935.html

Over a HALF MILLION downloads of the MAC version of GIMP
http://download.cnet.com/Gimp/3000-2192_4-10322178.html

good luck