Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learn or bust... so I busted...

bootyhoundpa

Determined to figure out my new equinox 800 I set out to my favorite freshly plowed field... ya,it’s the same one I’ve been going to forever..despite being hunted to ashes I know there is good stuff still among the 250 years worth of debris and today I proved it... got my oldest American silver and blew my mind man... THIS is one of the main reasons I opted to add the 800 to my arsenal..unfortunately I zinged the tail side a little but she already had plenty of battle scars from centuries gone by.... recent rainfall made soil conditions perfect, I was able to avoid digging so much iron as last time out.... I’m learning slowly but truly aren’t proficient in this environment yet,but I’m very happy with the results today...I found 2flat buttons,the 1800bust dime and a plastic doll from the 1970s... [attachment 366116 7D51EFD9-75FA-441E-8E0C-AB05DB117E84.jpeg][attachment 366117 655DA70E-48C0-4E28-A3F1-9505C8678ABB.jpeg][attachment 366118 CA1B4C36-A5B5-4227-916C-001A6C2FA221.jpeg][attachment 366119 9808A66A-D45D-4790-847E-0AF12B8C115C.jpeg][attachment 366120 87071A6D-5F9E-4ED9-AADF-91C9EF529724.jpeg]. The pics of the bust dime are all the same coin,some prior to cleaning and some after...

That’s a jaw dropper there Booty! Did the coins back then not have the monetary designation on them? I don’t see 10c anywhere! What gives? What a freaking FIND!

Congrats You got me by 32 years. My oldest is an 1932 half dime I found in my on yard years ago with an ace 250. Still learning my new Nox 600. Great find.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

IDXMonster said:
That’s a jaw dropper there Booty! Did the coins back then not have the monetary designation on them? I don’t see 10c anywhere! What gives? What a freaking FIND!
. Thanks IDX, I don’t see see the 10c either.. I had to match it up to the picture in an old coin book I have as the pictures in the books are spot on size wise.. I have found 2 other bust dimes years ago at this same place and those have the 10c on them but those are from the 1830s..

goodmore said:
Very nice. Well the Equinox is payed for plus maybe another one.
. Thanks Goodmore,I have no realistic idea of value but then again I never sell my coin finds anyway,I hoard them lol..

metalfun said:
Congrats You got me by 32 years. My oldest is an 1932 half dime I found in my on yard years ago with an ace 250. Still learning my new Nox 600. Great find.:clapping::clapping::clapping:
. Thanks,metalfun.... 132 years,but who’s counting.lol.....

Great find man old US silver got two this past summer blew my mind and both were in incredible shape.
Nice saves!
Mark

Busted was the better choice LOL, but I would say you are learning it quite well! Congrats :beers:
Jeff

bootyhoundpa said:
metalfun said:
. Thanks,metalfun.... 132 years
,but who’s counting.lol.....

Sorry I meant 1832 Cant see these numbers on the keyboard.There wasn't a half dime in 1932.

Sweet! Congratulations on a super find!!

Thanks for comments folks....only 21,760 were minted, all in Philadelphia.. I can only imagine the search party sent out to look for it when it was lost... here’s a pic of reverse after cleaning... [attachment 366206 B0FF8409-72E8-4156-AF8A-2527B03642FF.jpeg]