Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Leaning heavily to a Deus 2.. and have a cool question..,

robo

Primarily a dirt digger but do go to the beach also.
Any pros or cons to the 9” vs the 11” ?
Any noticeable depth increase with the 11” ?
Don’t see any relic hunting in my near future but would like to hear some opinions on the two
Thanks
Robo

I've just used the 9" and 13"x11" and love both. The 9" is plenty deep and allows for good separation when needed.

The 13"x11" comes in handy mostly for the additional coverage when you're searching a field or other open area that doesn't have a ton of trash.

Site dependent for both. I have both, haven’t really see a difference in depth. The 9 hunts smaller than it size if that makes any sense. Get the one that suits your style and matches as close to the areas you swing ( coverage, land layout, land obstacles, etc.)

I have all 3 and they act pretty much as expected. If I was you, and I’m not but if I was….I’d start with the 9” coil. This is because that’s what I did and immediately saw the unmasking advantage it has. I hunt very very very polluted areas such as old fairgrounds that have all types of trash imaginable, and I’m normally dealing with at least some EMI. The 9” coil helps with both of these problems. It will also show you how light this machine really is, it’s ridiculous.

I don't think there is a huge difference in depth between the 9 inch and 11 inch coils, if you are planning on a lot of beach trips I think the bigger the coil the better as you want to cover as much area as you can quicker, I like the 9 inch myself but I am always in trashy areas. I guess the happy median would be an 11 inch coil, the Deus 2 is so fast it will still find good targets in the trash with the 11 inch coil.

Nine inch coil works for me and gets plenty of depth. Separates great in trashy areas. I know a friend of mine he goes out with some of the silver hunters with the Minelabs 11 inch coil and he hears everything they hear, and sometimes identifys it where they can not.

I can't speak for the D2, but for the D1 I have both 9 and 11 inch coils. All settings being equal, on a quarter, I got over 2 inches more depth with the 11" coil.
I can't see why it wouldn't be the same for the D2. However, I've only got the 11" coil on that detector so I can't compare.

Personally, I think the 11 allows more versatility until you get in areas like furrowed farm fields, wooded areas, or areas with a lot of scrub.
Then the 9" is the way to go.

I think the 9" is more likely to find what others have missed due to separation ability. I have a dime buried next to a square nail and the 9" can hit the dime with good ID, but 11" doesn't.

11" is deeper, about 1-1.5" (high vs low freq) on dime and 2" on quarter. But if there is much EMI then depth is pretty even on the dime. 9" handles EMI/ground much better. 11" is more chatty.

I do like the 11" in cleaner ground, where there's not much EMI, and the quicker coverage is nice.

I can swing the 9" all day with no soreness, the 11" causes some soreness but nothing bad.

My small amount of silver/wheats this year in public spots have mostly come from good separation rather than depth. 9" still hits coins full pinpointer length.

Both have their place, but my 1st option would be the 9".

I have used the Deus 1 and Deus 2, both with the 9" coil. I have not seen any reason to go larger. As well as land (tot lots, parks, woods, campgrounds, anyplace people go/have been) and a lot of fresh water lakes and rivers. I would not want a larger coil in a lot of those places; particularly in the water. Wave action is a real challenge in the water and can make it real problematic. I also have back and shoulder problems and find the 9" easy to swing all day.. I am not sure if the 11" pulls more battery power than the 9" but with the 9" I have no problem hunting all day+.

9" here had a trashy park saturday going along the edges signals galore "trash" then a nice 92-93 only 3-4" down a 1903 barber quarter O mint
I listen for those nice deep faint squeaks a lot of times its a silver!
Mark

I use the 11" and 13" coil. I get really good depth on the 11" and a little more coverage and depth with the 13". I've heard that 9" coil does pretty good too.