Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

laws on found treasure? please reply

If you find it and the property/land you found it on is not yours the land owner can claim 100% of said find with no returns /reward needed or given to you for your efforts or expense...at least that is the law in the peoples republic of Massatwoshutts ....See rule one above ...Greed changes everything and everyone and not for the better either ...

Rule number one applies also how big a find you are talking , unless the town /city / state has a no hunt rule a coin here or there is no big deal , but again it is who finds out and what is found that the greed rule kicks in . Public you also have to watch out for the Archaeologist they are of the mind set it is better to sit and rot away than to be looted by a detectorist ... I have seen a person get permission to hunt and when they found a good coin see all kinds of trouble follow for not turning over part or all the $$$ from it sale after the fact but that was private property / church owned members felt the church should have the $$$ ....

not that i would want to go blabbing about a find. i could see a coin getting sold under the radar but say a bunch of coins. a lot of coins. how would you make it legal.

looking at the Antiquities Act, 1906..... ha yaeh maybe i should just take this post off. that's b.s. guess why i ask is remember sue the t-Rex found in south Dakota.

you know how it is...what good is treasure if you can't show it off? :D You can bet, if a single other person knows what you know, its no secret anymore!!! Good Luck..