Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Laughing and enjoying life, then gone in a flash! .............

Kelley (Texas)

This happened up near Austin, Texas this past weekend. A pickup truck was passing an auto from the opposit direction, directly into the path of the motorcycle...he never had a chance! The pickup truck fled the scene and everyone is looking for it. You can be laughing and enjoying life and then be gone in a flash! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 109099 motorcyclewreck_1.jpg]

a drunk cop kill a young 21 year old a few days ago,he just left the scene also,it is the same cop in a taser death.The taser death was at Vancouver airport and maybe you saw it in the news.The cop did leave his drivers licsense at the scene before fleeting.A very tragic incident,also another woman cop was arested for drunk driving.I know your son may be a law officer and no offense please...oj

n/t

they are hard to see. I have to do the seeing for myself and also the other guy.

What a shame and there is little defense for it

towards motorcycles, one can not be TO careful. I try to cover all bases but like you said, in and instant things can change and no way to repsond fast enough to get out of it. Not sure what a good answer would be. Sit home and let the grim reaper get you anyhow, or calculate the risk in your chosen enjoyment and hope the reaper don't catch you while enjoying life. Horses, motorcycles, bicycles, boating, sky diving, bungee jumping, anything with a moving body out in the open sure presents the chance for a bad accident. I see these or hear of them pretty often here in CT. To much traffic, everyone in a rush, fair amount of drunk driving or drugged while driving. These college kids around here in this area are the worst. Always in a rush, passing where no sane person would pass. Granted a lot of the bike accidents are from stupid moves by the ones on the rice rockets. Those were the bulk of accidents here this year. Usually the big road rigs, they get it at and intersection or just unexpectedly by a cage or car or truck..all the same thing. We try to teach evasive action at the club, where to be more alert than normal, and then those darn X FACTORS you can figure on. Looks like your picture of the accident was one of those X FACTORS, and the guy flee's the scene of the accident. My guess, young and speeding, or drunk. Sure ruined a lot of others peoples lives.

I see these and I do question at times if its still worth it. But life has risk. I took plenty of them in my chosen work profession, as I'm sure many others here have. We all kinda feel we can weave and bob around them and stay safe, and most of us do. Then up comes the X factor again like in this case.

I see he had a helmet on. Sure looks like a peaceful setting there with the farm, cows and then the contrast of what happened with the bike on its side and cross.

I've put my bike away and sold many of them over the years after being right there for accidents like this. Some friends, some just other riders catching up to each other. Always rattled me, yet no way to get it out of my blood. I hope I have enough grey matter left to make the right choice when I feel I'm unsafe to myself or others or that others tell me. There is a bill in the state here that is actually trying to get bikers to restest at age 55 and then every 5 years afterwards. Might be a good idea.

Sad post but also a very good heads up to those of us still riding. Thanks for post Fred, very sobering.

George-CT