Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest old house digs.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I got permission to hunt an old house site about a month ago, but have been waiting for a little cooler weather, and some rain. I went to give it a try a couple days ago. I was hoping to find at least on wheat cent because I was at 99 for the year. Well it didn't take long to find number 100, but I also found 12 of his brothers. I found a merc that was on the surface under some ground cover. I also got $3.53 in clad, a neat old brass lock, old brooch, a 1940 nickel, a 1959 memorial, a cool bracelet, and several misc. I decided to go back Saturday morning to see what else I could find. Sure enough the clad and wheats were jumpng into my pouch again. 12 more wheats, $2.29 in clad, two tokens, a 1962 Jr Fire Marshall badge, and several more misc items. My last signal was a nice 1964 silver quarter. In two hunts that small yard produced 121 coins in 5 hours. 25 were wheats, 2 silvers, 4 Canadian cents, and $5.82 in clad. Yards like this are few and far between. I think there is a little more there to find.
[attachment 368614 bbb3.jpg] [attachment 368615 bbb4.jpg]
[attachment 368616 bbb5.jpg] [attachment 368617 bbb10.jpg]
[attachment 368618 bbb11.jpg] [attachment 368619 bbb9.jpg]

there's more waiting for you. Whenever I have found lots in a site I have dug more - usually deeper, fainter signals. Great take - thx for the pics. Steve in so la

Congrats Mike on being able to dig in the yard of an older home--nice finds & lots of digging! Your silver dime find reminds me of the time I was in a park & was trying to uncover a signal by a tree when I looked up & saw a policeman who was asking me a question? He wanted to know if I had seen a man running through & I said, NO, I hadn't --was startled to see him; so I could have been in danger not paying attention to who or what was going on around me! Don't know if he found the man or not & when I leaned over to retrieve what was causing my detector to beep & scraped off the dried grass with the tip of my shovel & found a Silver Quarter on top of the ground which someone must have found & lost while they were metal detecting in the park? I've lost a few; so maybe others have found what I lost while detecting! :shocked: :unsure: Ma