Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest finds

Bob in SoMd

These are the best of my last few hunts. The religious medallion is a St. Anthony of Padua - kind of lucky since I was just lazily heading back to my car when I got a solid 83 from 3 inches. Found the silver chain about a week ago. It's only 4" long so kind of small for a bracelet but I guess that's what it is. The war nickel looks great now after a 15 minute ketchup bath.

Question: The wheat is only a 1916 but I really wonder why the wheat pennies from the teens, 20's and 30's hold up a whole lot better than the wheat pennies from the 40's, and 50's. Anybody else see this? The composition didn't seem to change so I am at a loss to explain the difference. Just an observation but I can almost predict out of the whole, whether a wheatie is older.

thanks for looking!

[attachment 223183 ImportedPhotos00003.jpg][attachment 223185 ImportedPhotos00004.jpg][attachment 223186 ImportedPhotos00005.jpg][attachment 223189 ImportedPhotos00006.jpg]

Those are nice finds Bob and thank you for the ketchup idea on nickles :thumbup:

Super finds! Somehow that chain seems way too small for a bracelet. I just can't seem to think what that would have been on. You can also take a brass brush to the war nickels. It really cleans them up but NEVER take a brush to other silver coins. HH, Nancy