Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest find.

John OH.

Found this in a local park at a depth of 10 inches using the Coinsearch coil yesterday. It was a very faint whisper of a signal, but wiggled to a nice climbing tone.I was quite surprised to see that it is a nice silver Masonic penny with gold rims and legends.

Here's what a fellow on an alternate site had to say of it.

Marion Chapter No 62 R.A.M

R.A.M is Royal Arch Masons

"K.S.H.T.W.S.S.T."

The above letters are usually seen on a tombstone in a circular fashion more commonly known as a Royal Arch Mason.

The headstone that displays this symbol is that of a man that was a Royal Arch Mason as well as a Master Mason who was active in his local Masonic Blue Lodge.

Although "Master Mason" is the highest degree in the "Free and Accepted Masons" fraternity, there are other appended organizations which require that the member first be a "Master Mason" in order to participate. In each of these appended organizations, the Master Mason is instructed in additional degrees. Some of these appended organizations are; York Rite Mason, Scottish Rite Mason and Shiner.

The "K.S.H.T.W.S.S.T." symbol on a headstone indicates that the person had completed the crytic degrees of the York Rite and was a "Royal Arch Mason" in the York Rite Degrees of Freemasonry.

President Harding was a Free Mason from this chapter.
1855Masonicpenny.jpg

Thanks for looking and HH!

John

What a great find. I'm with Art - I love the unusual. The pictures are outstanding. How do you get such clarity? Show us more anytime. Don.

n/t

Thanks guys! I feel blessed having found it really.
The pics were taken using an cheap old Nikon Coolpix 2000. Nikons have great lenses and good macro modes, so you don't have to break the bank investing in a high dollar digicam. Lighting is really the key to good pics as well and you have to play with it for hours till you find the sweet spot so to speak. I use Reveal bulbs BTW.

HH

John

Thanks!
I've seen a few that have been found but they were all copper/bronze. The silver ones are tough to come by.