Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last weeks' digs 7/21/09 thru 7/26/09

MONKOO8

Hey everyone, So last week I posted my first gold. This week wasnt as fortunate but there were good times and another first. Two pieces of silver in one day. I wasnt afforded as much time to dig during the week as have had recently. Made it out Tues, Thurs, and Friday.(goin down on left) Then Sat and Sunday found a little more time.(right down) Well Friday was an exciting day as I was looking for a park to detect after work and where I scouted was very crowded, dry, and hard. It was getting late and light was fading. So pulled out the map and searched for directions to another park nearby. Train tracks were making it difficult to navigate but crossed a bridge and ended up next to a school that looked a bit older. With a half hours light decided I'd forego looking for the other park and at least try and dig a couple of times before dark. Second signal was that 1941 merc and 10 minutes later the 1953 rosie popped. That was awesome! [attachment 134250 001.JPG][attachment 134251 003.JPG]

Saturday arranged to meet Dad at an old school and try our luck...as hearing my stories have stoked the hunter's fire in him again...despite an old ailing body and last week being a bust for him, his third time out in many years proved that he still has "IT". He was searching all over for coins with his 25+ year old machine and I was in relic mode with the GTI 2500 on field looking for gold digging lots of trash. In a couple hours he scored an old merc (think it's a 1924) and a sizeable silver dolphin ring and all I had was a small pile of zincs, couple of bullets and a 1933 wheatie. Dad was out of gas and headed home. The area had potential so I switched to coin mode and detected for another couple hours...with little luck...found some clad another wheat 1941, a button (I dont think it's anything special), and a lot of bullets. Sunday I tried another untested field and came up fruitless. ( a small pile of clad and a 1958 wheat which was on top of the ground). Enjoy the pics and happy hunting![attachment 134252 014.JPG][attachment 134253 016.JPG][attachment 134254 017.JPG]

Alright!:clapping:WTG!:thumbup:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:I love that dolphin ring! It's nice! I think it's wonderful that you get to go metal detecting with your father. That's what I call good quality time!:detecting::detecting:Happy Hunting!:)

Congrats on all the silver. I love that button in the first pic.

Looks like we have another heavy duty hunter to add to the cast of characters on here!

Way to go!

The bullet head second in from the left next to the copper one with the rings, does anyone know what age that bullet is? I have found one of those as well. They look unusual and old.

Congrats

Don

WTG Monk some great hunts!! Congrats:thumbup: