Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last two hunts

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
picked up a merc and two wheats at an old fairgrounds the other day.
[attachment 278230 DSC00018.JPG]

Started a new Old yard today. First coin was a 17D merc then got 11 wheats most of them are early ones. 17, 17D, 18, 19D, 19D, 19S, 20, 20, 20D, 24, and a 47D. Was ready to quit and was by the back of the van and got a nice nickel tone. When I seen the 1900 V I turned the detector off and put it in the van. Only dug 5 clad pennies. Missed the key date dime by a year and a semi key wheat by a mint mark!
[attachment 278231 DSC00020.JPG]
[attachment 278234 DSC00021.JPG]
[attachment 278235 DSC00023.JPG]

Here are the relics. The suspender buckle has a Pat. date of Jan 26, 1886 on it.
[attachment 278236 DSC00024.JPG]

I still have never dug a v nickel. Nice finds Mike.

What is the special date for a dime and why?I don't know as i'm not an American but i'm interested to know.Cheers.

the 1916D mercury dime is a key date. They made very few of them compared to the others. The "D" means it was made at the Denver mint and in bad shape it is worth a thousand dollars.

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
the 1916D mercury dime is a key date. They made very few of them compared to the others. The "D" means it was made at the Denver mint and in bad shape it is worth a thousand dollars.

Thanks for the info.......it certainly would be exciting finding one of those......they are out there somewhere.