Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last two hunts yeald Coppers & Spanish silver

Digger70pa

These are from the last two hunts I want on. They are from the same place & I was swinging my T2se with the 15"/12" SEF coil on the end. There is a 1810LC, 1820LC, 1848LC, 1737 King George II, dateless King George III & a Spanish 1/2 reale. The green brass thing I think is a ram rod tip. Merry Christmas everyone. HH TIM

Thats a lot of large cents and King Georges for 2 hunts. The half reale is in the same condition as the ones I found, bent and dented, they're very thin. But still they're nice to find.

The reale is only the 3rd Spanish coin I've found. That place where I found these is very special. I've found 87 coppers there. The best being a 1793 Flowing Hair Chain Cent.

Awesome. You have one heck of a place. Good looking coppers.

Wow, that's quite the honey hole you've got going! Congrats on your research skills and world class coins!

The green brass item is out of an old oil lamp,by turning the round bit the two cogs in the center mounted or descended the wick.

Congrats on the great finds! Sounds like a terrific spot you've found, hope your spot continues to produce in the new year.

MikeO said:
Nice old coppers. :clapping:
How finding old coppers is such fun.
Yes it is, I love civil war relic hunting also. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE. HH TIM

William-NM said:
Wow, that's quite the honey hole you've got going! Congrats on your research skills and world class coins![/quote Good roads & good water was everything back in the day, if you didn't have that there wasn't that many people there.

Wow! Those are some really nice finds!

Digger70pa said:
The reale is only the 3rd Spanish coin I've found. That place where I found these is very special. I've found 87 coppers there. The best being a 1793 Flowing Hair Chain Cent.

Very Special doesn't begin to describe that place.

That's the kind of spot we all dream about.

Years of enjoyment there.

Congratulations on all the finds.

Tavern or what?

Deno said:
Digger70pa said:

Very Special doesn't begin to describe that place.

That's the kind of spot we all dream about.

Years of enjoyment there.

Congratulations on all the finds.

Tavern or what?
It was a complex of taverns. At least three were there maybe more. I stumbled on to it looking for civil war camps. We have found a couple of civil war relics there but not many. The farmer that had the place had hogs. He would get old bread & pies that had a aluminum pan on them to feed the hogs. He didn't pic up after he fed them leaving a lot of pans around. I think that is why it was never really detected. Man we have dug a lot of aluminum there. in some spots it's still crazy with targets. Thanks for looking at my finds. HH TIM