Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last summer detecting

scubadetector

I just thought I would give anyone interested an update on my detecting last summer. I didn't find a lot because I couldn't dive for 2 months. The dive shop here was moving and I was helping. They dropped the air compressor on my hand off a forklift and broke 3 of my fingers. However everything is ok and I got back into detecting the end of July.

I guess the most interesting finds caused a BIG stir at city hall! There is a story behind it and if you read my comment on the news article I am going to post (first comment)

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/st_clair_county/world-war-i-era-bomb-found-by-diver--taken-to-port-huron-police-department-bomb-squad-responds

I now have found 4 of these practice bombs.

My second favorite find is from the same era. The very first machine guns put on bi-planes (think Snoopy and the Red Barron) was the Lewis machine gun. I found a magazine for one that was either dropped or fell out of the bi-plane over lake St. Clair.

I ended the year with only 3200.00 in gold. A far cry from 6700.00 I found in 2012. I did find two rings for people and I made a road trip to northern MI to dive a few lakes in the top of the mitten.

I also got engaged to a wonderful christian lady and we plan on getting married next May. I gave her a ring the week before Christmas. Life has been pretty good.

I wish all a wonderful and prosperous new year. I hope to travel more and maybe meet a few of you from Michigan in my diving adventures.

Well for your sake Scubadetector I am glad it was defunct or you might not be around to get married to that wonderful Christian lady God has sent to you! Congrats on a Big beautiful Wedding Day in May, 2014! May God's blessings be with you both and congrats on what you did find in 2013.....every little bit counts rather than finding nothing most of the time! God Bless and hope you stay well and happy to continue your diving and married life after you two are united as one in God's sight! Amen! :angel: Ma

Well Scuba, those are some amazing finds but it sounds like the best find of all was your soul mate! Congratulations to you and your future wife. God Bless.

I always enjoy reading your posts on the beach/scuba forum and checking out your photos. Congrats on your engagement! If you ever get to the west side of Michigan let us know here. There are many on this side of the state who would enjoy meeting you!

" I also got engaged to a wonderful christian lady and we plan on getting married next May. I gave her a ring the week before Christmas. Life has been pretty good."

nice treasure!!!!

chuck.

All right Scubadee! :clapping: Wonderful news! A good Christian woman will make you a better person than you already are! I'm very happy for you!:thumbup:
Mud

Indeed you've got some interesting finds but to top your list of best find would have to be the wonderful woman you're one engaged to. Congratulations!

Great finds and congratulations on the future marriage.

Congratulations Robert on your great find of a good christian Lady! It appears three broken fingers may have slowed you down enough to find your treasure for life! God Bless. George

Great finds, and great news. Congrats!!!!! God bless you both.