Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last night was really a night of nasty weather. We were surrounded by 16 tornados here in Arkansas.

Sunny

There was some really bad damages,and several people lost their lives. Our sirens went off, and we had some hail, but other than that it all passed over us! These things just scare me to death. We were lucky here, though!

n/t

storms caused, it sickened me. It went thru Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia............I think all the way to the coast. Arkansas is a small state, and when you have sixteen of them going all at the same time, it makes for some very tense weather reporters! We just had some branches down, a lot luckier than others! :)

I was thinking about you guys out there went I saw it on TV. I was near one in South Dakota. The sirens went off at night and we were with others in a big parking area behind Wall Drug. Most got up and drove off. We had no idea where it was, which way it was going or coming and really not much of and idea where we were, so us and another couple stayed put. Never saw it or hear it, just a lot of lightning and thunder, but no cyclone. Made us nervous for sure in the RV. We had one come thru here about 20 years ago about 30 miles from here and it really ripped the place up. There was a air museum there and it really flung them planes all over the place. Big military stuff and ripped down the building. I remember we drove up there to look it over and these big Sikorsky Sky Crane helicopters were layig upside down all over the place. The looked like big dragon fly bugs laying there with their feet in the air. I ended up working on setting the steel for the new building later that year. They are rare in these parts. Guess it don't get warm enough in the summer. Do you guys have a shelter for them to go into?

George-CT

n/t

I am glad to hear your all safe.We also got it here -no tornados but thunderstorms with lots of rain and flash flooding. My heart goes out to the poor people who lost loved ones and their homes.I have helped clean up after 2 tornados in my life that resulted in widespread destuction and loss of life. I helped carry bodys out from one.....I am still haunted by some of the things I saw.

I didn't worry about you folks. It clobbered Tennessee though and I was sure hoping our Tennessee friends kept their heads down.

How did you fare Dan?? :look: Greg?? Is everyone ok??

common spring

n/t

the hill our house sits on. We have a large hall way with an interior bathroom, and that is where we go when the sirens go off, with some mattresses. I would love to have an underground shelter though. Maybe that's something we need to think about more serious about, especially now hat we are getting a bit older! :)