Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last hunt of the year

sube

HNB2ucj.jpg
[/img] Well it wasn't in my tundra state but was still cold and windy all these coins came from a area 30 by 30 hunted about a 1/4 of it in two days trash galore all coins dug had 6 to 7 nails with them and not regular round nails but square nails pieces heads of nails and parts of nails .

You can see iron staining on the coins this site has had 100s and 100s of detectors on it and the coins are still there it was a very slow process of trying to find a coin signal here iron intense iron well have to run the ctx here next year and see what happens .

My friend did find 2 barber dimes here and a bunch of wheat's at another site he found a 1865 Indian in good shape 7 inches deep came in at a solid 17 my ctx read it out of the ground at 12.32 and the coin wasn't even rotten makes me wonder how many Indians I have left in the ground .Since the nox also read it as 17 out of the ground I did get 1 Indian I think it reads 19 on the nox and 12'35 on the ctx it has the full weight of a Indian but can't see anything on it coin is left of the picture I posted sube

Nice finds Sube a dime trifecta!
Mak

Well looks like your in a good area Sube!!!! Silver and Wheats!!!! Barbers there is more there as I'm sure you already know :) Congrats...

Mike K

Nice finds Sube,

I'm curious if you've had the NOX to places you beat to death with the CTX and found more goodies? I've taken my 800 to sites I've hit hard with my XS with slender results. Going to keep trying.

I was out detecting yesterday, we have some cold days coming, might be enough to freeze the ground; I'm still hoping for a late fall warm up.

Chris

Terrific hunt Sube, you always do well.

I haven’t found any coins with iron stains on them in awhile. I have wondered if I over played my settings.

Yes, the weather here is changing but I can still bundle up and detect some areas.

Tony NJ

Hi Chris,

Yea this weather suck for sure and even though it not nice I am sure James found a place that he still can even if he had to drive 400 miles this weekend.
I never got to use my 800 only a few times this year as my 72 year old body has been abused too much and hard to move around much. My first find with my 800 was in area James hit hard with his Explorer and I got a 1906 V nickle. I wanted to let him try my 800 but never did just to see what he could do with it..

Good Luck Chris and hope to see you next season.

Rick