Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Larry or anyone that knows about DC Phase on the V3

Tinfoil

When I had my DFX a long time ago I was a great fan of DC Phase on the machine. Eliminated many a Pull tab using it trying to distinguish the pull tabs from the Gold. It worked great on the fringe targets getting a better ID then the jumping around numbers you got in Dis. and really helped setting the DFX up as far as using gain, filters,sweep speed, and ground Vdi mineralization.

I don't have a V3 yet just have not made up my mine yet. DFX is long gone too.

When you went to pinpoint with DC Phase selected on the DFX you got the vdi of the ground or the combo of the vdi of the target and the ground in Vdi number on the screen in pinpoint mode. My question is does the DC Phase Vdi numbers appear on the V3's screen like the DFX or if not how can you set the V3 up for it to appear on the screen if possible. Is there a instant way to see the DC Phase number when you go to pinpoint without a lot of gymnastics and button pushing on the V3. Thanks all in advance. Now I am back to lurking and reading you guys posts. Since I am a Jewelry hunter primarily and Relic hunter the V3 has really peaked my interest as I see where the V3 will give me more target info on the jewelry/Pull tab targets and that is what I am really interested in. I dug a hell of a lot of jewelry with my DFX but there were sure a lot of tricks you had to learn to make it do what you wanted it to do. I see where I can apply every one of my old tricks but I need to know how the DC Phase part of the V3 really works and how to access it in Pinpoint. The 3 freq.s is additional info along with the signagraph. Some of the experienced DFX jewelry hunters are aware of what I am after. Again thanks for the replies in advance. BTW SARA keep doing what you are doing you will figure out the little tricks to really finding the Jewelry with your V3. I just got to talk my self into one. You are off to a great start already. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

The DC Phase on the DFX is now called Ground Probe on the V3. It is not as simple to use or understand as the on screen DC Phase of the DFX. I too was a big fan of the DC Phase function and that is the one thing I really miss. We V3 users will have a lot of experimenting to do to better understand the Ground Probe with the Phase #'s. There is probably a way to get that info on the analyze screen, but for now I'm just happy to be using what I have. I sure have a lot to do this winter when playing with the detector will all be indoors. Some info from White's have been disclosed on this forum and can be found by searching, "Ground Phase"

I remember when Whites first brought out the DFX. Can't remember who I was talking to but he said that the DC Phase was used in the development process and "just left on the machine because it was such a fundamental thing that someone would surely find more good uses for it."! Yup...... It is nice to be given the respect to figure some things out for ourselves and not be treated like a bunch of cows in a herd.
It wasn't until way late, in owning the DFX, that I started fiddling with it and never did use it as well as you guys apparently have.

That is a wide open field. The only way I know right now is to right arrow the live control to the Ground Tracking and press ZOOM to get the display. I know this doesn't mean much to you not having a V in front of you, but it is just a few clicks away, two clicks if you move the Ground tracking as your first choice in the Live Control menu . As versatile as the V is, there is probably a way to place that live info on the search or analyze screen......:shrug: I will need more help in that field cause I haven't tried to move the various tools around which I know you can do with the V.

Thanks Anne, you are a good gal to have around, appreciate all the help.........:cheekkiss: