Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LARGER COL FOR MY SOVEREIGN?

YAKE

I would like to get a larger coil for my GT. I am still knew to detecting starting this year on San Diego beaches with the stock 10" coil and have found a couple 100 clad coins, costume jewelry, other junk and GOLD (18k pendant on a 10k chain and a 14k ring with 4 small diamonds). After reading all I could find online on larger coils (S-12, WOT, SEF) I plan to get a SEF 15 x 12 from Kellyco. What do you all think?
Thanks
Jerry

I have the Excelerator EQ2 PRo 14" double D for sale http://www.findmall.com/read.php?65,932432 with lower shaft for the Sov GT, it is an excellent coil for the price. Kind of like going from a flashlight to a searchlight when beach hunting.

n/t

It does not miss much

I now live in Va. Beach. I got a Chance to try out the S.E.F. coil, but felt like I wasn't getting the same coverage as the WOT or the S-12. The S-12 and WOT are pretty close in comparison as far as depth goes, but I love the coverage the WOT gets. I think the combination of the WOT on the GT is hard to beat. I will say this about San Diego, there are some beachesthere, that have the fire rings that are real close to the waters edge, and the nails from the pallets will wash back into the water, which can be a pain for the bigger coils.

I'm with JW, the SEF 15x12 is great on any part of a beach, i had the WOT previous to getting mine and never looked back

I use the WOT on both of my Sovereign GTs, (one is customized for wate and I love the coverage and depth the WOT gives, for me any thing smaller then the WOT would be a step back.....

On the Sovereign GT for land hunting I like the S-12 coil over the WOT as it does good and not as heavy. Now I have a 12X15 SEF on my E-trac I got to use one time before freeze up and I really like it for the time I was out with it and did real good in a very well worked area we have hit for over 20 years. If the one for the Sovereign works as good I may just have to try one, but I am sure I will have to hip mount the control box as this coil is a little heavy compared to the stock coil.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
On the Sovereign GT for land hunting I like the S-12 coil over the WOT as it does good and not as heavy.

Rick

If you use the harness, weight is never an issue with any coil. I use the "S" model form Kellyco, I never leave home with out it........:detecting:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/lejermonharnesses.htm

I used the WOT for years then changed to the SEF 12x15 and it is a far more stable coil, just got the 8x6 SEF and like it's bigger brothers it's fantastic for it's size.

Chef