Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large knife found in WWII Headhunter ?

Antique lover

This knife was giving to me by a friend that has past.He found it in the jungle during WW II.It is over 2ft long.It is still razor sharp.I have always wonder how many OR if anyone was ever killed with it.If anyone has ever seen one like it PLEASE let me know ! ANY INFO?

I have been making hunting knives for the last 15 years or so as a hobby. I can tell you that your knife has cutlers rivets in the handle and is probably factory made. It is hard to see in the photo but it looks like it has a thicker ridge running the length of the blade. That was done to make longer knives stronger so they wouldn't break or bend. The scabbard looks home made. May be whats called a "trade" knife, most of these were sold or traded to native populations in various countries. If you can send me some closeup photos or more info, such as handle material, marks, stampings, or symbols on the blade, maybe I can tell you more.

That is all the info he gave me.JUST that he found it in the jungle.The case is leather. I think the knife handle is Hickory,
I maybe wrong ! There is NO markings on the knife NO WHERE ! No stamps ! NOTHING ! Hope this helps.

I note that the scabbard has "Panama" on it. The United States has had a military presence there for over a hundred years. I'm not sure now but there used to be a jungle warfare school there in the Vietnam era. Native populations used their knives for everything from dressing game to the jungle, so most were utility type like this one. If the handle is Hickory it was probably made in the States and exported.That's the problem with knives, usually the only ones marked were high end made, or government military in those days. Without a history or documentation it's hard. Your knife may have a story to tell but we cant figure it out. sorry I can't tell you more.