Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large diameter search coils for the 1270 machine. :confused:

Bob Stephens

Hi everyone! I know there are 10" open face spider or elliptical coils available for the Fisher 1270 and I was wondering whether there are other specialty coils such as the 12" Sunray FX12 model that's made by Sunray for the CZ series of machines. I've never seen anything like that offered for the 1270 series by Sunray; are there any other products like that available for the 1270 and if so, what do you think of them based on experience?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont.

Quite rare now but can be found on E-Bay, classifieds, or in folks' closets occationally. LIke an eliptical 11" (I think that's the size?) I also believe there was an even larger round coil....one of those "hot heads". Some say those are junk, but another relic hunter in VA still swears by it on his 1266x, so who knows?
I think the 10.5" spyder coil that FRL still sells is just about all you would need.....
HH,
Bill

Hi Bill! Thanks for your insight and advice. That saves me a lot of futile looking for something that doesn't exist. I'm going to pickup a Fisher 10.5" spider coil for the 1270 and will look forward to using it in the field where I need the extra depth and coverage.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting. :detecting:

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont.

I had the 10.5 for the 1270 and the extra weight is brutal. The 1270 doesn't balance nearly as well as the 1266 due to it not having the battery pack under the cuff. With that 10.5, your hunting day will be cut in half. Just my 2 cents, but I guarantee you'll agree with me if you get it.

I forgot to mention that the FRL 10.5" coil is heavy, & since you cannot hipmount a 1270 prepare for some added weight. I kept my 8" coil handy & swapped back & forth depending on site scituations....
HH,
Bill