Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kwazey Wobbin :D

Royal

Kwasy Wobbin!

[attachment 24250 robin.jpg]

I was setting here at my computer yesterday doing computer things and in the background I kept hearing this tap tap tap. Over and over and at first it was just a far off thing that didn't really register.

Finally it came to my notice but I just tried to ignore it. Tap tap tap over and over. Finally it started irritating me and I looked around the room, wondering what the heck it might be, the wind tapping a branch against the window maybe?

I looked out the window and not a branch moved. Tap tap tap. It continued. I tried to ignore it but it soon became the only thing I heard.

Finally I got up and tried to figure where the heck it was coming from. I walked into the kitchen and stood listening. Tap tap tap. It was a bit louder but where was it coming from?

I looked in the cupboards thinking it might be a mouse but there was nothing there and it just kept on, tap tap tap.

I looked out the window and saw nothing at all. I opened the basement door and it sounded a little louder so I went down the stairs, not turning on the lights as I did not want to scare what was doing it. A haint maybe? Tap tap tap

It sounded like it was coming from the wash room so I looked in the doorway and the noise was louder. I walked in and stood, looking around. Tap tap tap, it continued like I was not there.

I looked around and there the little sucker was! I looked at the little basement window and there was a male Robin, pecking at the window. Tap tap tap, over and over again and he just would not quit.

I figured the little guy was getting at some ants or other bug but I looked closely and there was nothing there.

I went outside to see if I could figure what was wrong with the goofy bird but on closer inspection I saw nothing at all. Except his reflection.

It being the spring mating season the solution became apparent. He was fighting another male Robin. At least he thought he was. When I walked up he hopped off and flew into a low branch of a near tree and watched me.

I just laughed and propped a screen against the window, the one he was fighting, so he would not beat his brains out. I was suspecting he was lacking a bit in the brain department. Then I went back to what I was doing. Tap tap tap. He started before I was in the house. He just moved to the next pane. I got a piece of wood and put it against the other window and sure enough, a few minutes later he was at it again, Tap tap tap. It doesn't take much to fire him up it seems. He should have used a little of that aggression against that cow bird last spring I figure.

I don't know how long he was doing it before I noticed it yesterday but after I started hearing it he did it for FIVE BLOODY HOURS!!

As I set here this morning I hear Tap tap tap and he has been at it since sun up, a couple hours ago. Before I go home I am gonna block that bloody window off or the poor thing with beat his own brains out.

These are poor pictures but I could not get close with the outside shot and the inside was taken through a dirty window with the camera held over my head. The funny thing is that inside I took about six shots with flash, right in his face and it did not stop him at all.

I hope some found the KWasey Wobbin story interesting

[attachment 24251 robin2.jpg]

cat pictures and tape them to the inside side of the glass windows? Then one of two things would happen...the pictures would scare the Robin and it would go away, or it would pi$$ the Robin off and it would go get some other bird friends for the purpose of attacking the cat pictures...each tapping on a different window trying to peck the birds eyes out!

I enjoyed the story and pictures, thanks for posting them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door;
Only this, and nothing more."

Quoth the raven [robin????] nevermore

Calm seas

M

little irritating wasnt it? Amazing what the little critters do. I still wonder why they fly into windows, but mostly in the winter time. Maybe they are snow blind????

Good post!

Lil Brother:)

reflection but this guy was not flying into it. He was on the ground fighting with the reflection.

Still is as far as I know

n/t

n/t

you may be right though,i saw to mockingbirds squaring off a fighting like game chickens a couple of days ago,must be the season of the year.

That let a Cowbird take over their nest. They also let Jays steal their young. I have seen it a number of times.

They sure don't take any guff from others of their kind though. That guys is still probably fighting his image right now

let him in the washroom, he would have read a magazine while doing "his business" then leave! That's what most men do, right?? :rofl:

Cute story! Why did the tapping bother you so? Are you off your medication???? :rofl: :rofl:

he gets all "tapped" out :rofl: :biggrin:

most married men resort to that. :D:D

drive any sane person nuts! It might even make you a bit edgey :D