Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kind of busy folks.......

Wayne in BC

For several weeks now i have been preparing for long awaited back surgery. L4-L5 laminectomy. Basically he will get his dremel tool and grind out the excess bone buildup that has been squeezing the nerve bundle in my spine and causing sciatica and horrible debilitating pain that has often prevented me from even taking more than a few minutes of walking around the house and getting chores done like cooking etc. I also have herniated discs which must be attended to in the future as well.

Much preparation involved for some weeks now, spring chores very slowly getting done. Greenhouse, gardening, firewood for next year etc plus finding help for Carol when i am in hospital and for 6 weeks after as i will be unable to do anything.

Carol is unable to walk at all these days and needs much help with everyday things which i have struggled to do. I have dared not lift much weight or am flat on my back for 6-8 weeks and gobbling Codeine. Carol is also preparing for major surgery soon and we hope the two will not conflict. Mine is scheduled for April 22nd and Carol's we are not sure of, could be in a month but we dare not postpone because of the terrible waiting lists!

Please bear with me as the stress and issues involved have left me with little time and not much interest in lightheartedness.
Hopefully when i return from hospital i will have time and depending on outcome, interest in the forum. Their are many more issues involved which i will not whine about or burden my friends with.

Wayne

I sure hope the operation has the success your doc seems to think it will have. Back pain sucks and I can not imagine going through what you have. I wish I lived a bit closer as I would give you a hand.

We are all pullin for you two and Sunny. This growing old is not for the timid for sure. My turn is a coming and don't I know it.

Spring has finally sprung here and the chores are a joy to do. Winter sucks

Hope all goes nice and smooth and your back in good shape again. I know a lot of people who have had the backs done and made out well. My wife was flat out here for months and they worked on hers, and she was back horse back riding 7 weeks later. Just at a walk then but at least she could get back on one. Today she rides all the time and does well. Good luck to both of you.

George-CT

You folks will be in my prayers and daily thoughts and I hope that things will soon turn for the better for you two. Kelley (Texas) :)

It is only lately that I have had any pain worth noting.. Lets hope that all goes well with you.

Good luck Buddy.

Fair winbds

Mikie

Hey Wayne,

You have the best support team in the world rooting for you.

Be well quickly Friend and may Your Lady feel better soon!

Best wishes to you both,

CJ