Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kelly's 1st Annual 2007 Mystery Ride? .... Part one...

Ron J

About a month ago, any employee of the Kelly Automotive Group, who owned a motorcycle was invited to attend as stated, "Kelly's 1st. Annual 2007 Mystery Ride? ". Now we are talking about a few stores here, Roland Kelly Nissan/Suzuki, Kelly Chrysler/Jeep, Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield,Kelly Infinity,Kelly Mitsubishi, Kelly Honda, and of course Kelly's House of Harley Davidson,thats quite a few employees,since i started in 1966! [attachment 63547 KellyMysteryRide010.jpg] Originally i was going to attend,with my 1600 Yamaha Roadstar, but i rally didn't feel comfortable riding with a large group,4 or 5 friends,okay, but 30 /40/ 50 at once? Well, in my shop,i have 4 techs,who are riders, but one had sold his bike awhile ago,but riding stays in the blood. He wanted to go,so i volunteered my Roadstar,[attachment 63548 KellyMysteryRide006.jpg]so Phil could go with his wife. Got to take care of your troops,specially a good one! Last week was the final headcount,and about 60/70 employees were roaring to go. I was having second thoughts,but would not recind my offer. It meant more to me,to let Phil borrow my bike... I got to admit,as the date was approaching,i was envious.. what the hell,i could go boating instead.. Last Friday, at the Dealership,we had an "ice cream social",where the store pays a local store, Cherry Hill Ice Cream, to visit the dealership,and set up a table, with 3 or 4 flavors,and of course the toppings! Everybody is welcome to eat as much as you want. Barry,a bodyman, ate 5 Sundaes last time,He beat that this time,with SEVEN Sundaes! Maybe his wife won't let him have any at home?:shrug: While this was going on,the boys enjoying their ice cream break, Brian Kelly, the Dealer Principle,(Roland D. Kelly's son)and a personal friend,came in to indulge in some ice cream also. Brian asked if i was attending the Ride with the techs. I regretfully replied "no,can't." He asked why,"sell your bike?",and i proceeded to let him know i had promised Phil,he could bring his wife on it. Brian graciously asked me if i would like to borrow one of his! After a moment of thinking about it,worried about dumping it,or feeling a little funny about accepting the offer,after 2 seconds i accepted!! Wow,now i could go,and enjoy the gang! Man,this was a great feeling, being able to attend,and borrowing one of Brians bikes? Didn't know what model,but it was gonna be a Harley. About an hour later,i was on my way to Beverly Farms to pick up my weekend Ride. No boating on Sunday for me,oh well,its only July! Plenty more boating days left. Here's my weekend Ride...:thumbup:[attachment 63554 KellyMysteryRide088.jpg] more to come tomorrow night......Rj

It will be interesting finding out what a mystery ride would be. I am looking forward to the next part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

But that" No boating for me on Sunday" Well, Trying to decide which day off activity to do!!! :D:

fair winds

Mikie

interest. Been trying to get my road bike out and ride myself but these meds leave me woozy at different times so stay off it. At our dirt bike club we have on Wednesday nights road rides with the guys with road bikes and do a mystery ride. I post them on our web site but I have not been able to make one this year.

I like those Royal Stars. I had the Venture for along time and my wife and I used to enjoy it. What I didn't like on it was the engine weight was to high on it and my feet never would go flat on the ground so always on tip toes. Stepped in a few holes and regretted that. Moved into a Touring cruiser and thats much better with the low profile. I keep thinking sell it, but I can't get away from this stuff. I guess its like your surrendering to old age if you do.

That one your getting to ride has a killer paint job on it for sure.

Hmmm, great time for a detour to Sturgis SD.

George-Ct