Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kellyco 15x12 EXcelerator

TreasureGuy

I just bought a 15x12 EXcelerator coil from Kellyco because they claim that it will work on the V3. However, all it does is make noise no matter the level I set Discrim. Sensitivity or Rx Gain. Adding insult to injury they won't take it back without charging me a hefty (33%) restocking fee because they claim it should work fine. Has anybody else had problems with this coil on their V3? What else can I try to make it work?

*insert sarcasm* I just love hearing great customer service stories. :thumbdown:

Sorry about the problems you are having with the coil. Unfortunately you may have to accept the loss ref. the stocking fee but at least you will git 67% of your investment back, thats better than none. Best of luck.

Jerry Murphy

I have one that works fair on my vision. May be a bad coil. May want to send it back and try another one. If your sens. is to high it will not work.
I can run mine up pretty good. Also If the tx boost is on it is not going to work so make sure it is off. With it on you will get a constant overload
sound that may be the problem you are having. 33% man that is highway robbery.

Jason

Call Kellyco and ask for JW, I'm sure he will work something out with you. I can't even imagine using the 12X15 on the V3. I use, at times, the 10X12 and that is even a bit too much on the V3 in my opinion, but it does work. Keep in mind the SEF loops are not V nulled for optimum performance.

All Excelerators and SEF have 30 day money back guarantees, after that we replace them.

less freight. after 30 days you will get a replacement coil. Call 800-898-6673.

JW

Thanks for posting, JW. I have bought several things from Kellyco in the past and have never had a problem with anything other than being very satisfied with their resolving any issue I have ever had. Anyone would do well to jot down to contact JW if you ever want to check on items you have interest in.

Captain Ron

n/t

n/t

Trying to heal up from the broken back working at Caterpillar. Getting closer, but, hunting has been a bit tough in the meantime. Just about the time the season is over I suppose I'll be healed up. That's okay, tho, I've still had a few nice finds. Next year I expect to "rip it up" to make up some. Some day I'd like to make it down your way and do some 'tectin'. HH to you all.