Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just wanted to

Mike Chgo area

Say howdy all. I came over to ILL today to pick up the Harley and ride it back to Michigan in the morning. Haven't been able to do much detecting. Been helping Jerry around the farm picking blue berries and such. We did get out for a while on Sunday afternoon. The most exciting find for me was a Sea Gull caught up and a net at the end of a batting cage by the High School baseball diamond. I was able to cut him out of the web of string. He did nip me a few times but it didn't hurt much and I know he didn't know I was trying to help. Finally he quit the biting and I was able to finish getting it loose. It walked away about 3 ft. and stopped and looked at me for a minute or so. Tried to fly but I think it's wing was a little sore. Didn't appear to be broken and he walked off into the sun set. It was only a couple of blocks to Lake Michigan so hope it made the trip ok. Love being able to help animals when I can. After Labor Day will head West on the bike if the weather. Hope all are well and finding goodies. God Bless.

Lovely story Mike.......it's great to hear about people who appreciate nature and realise that all life is very precious.

Indeed it is comforting to know there are those who will take the time to help God's critters. Goos job. With the high humidity here in west Michigan, I've not been out detecting for a while but hopefully I'll get out soon.

One wonders if animals know we are helping ? My wife & I freed a gull on the lake one time that had been caught in a line. Fortunately, I had a fish net along. Have a safe trip. If you ever get down here I finally bought a boat. We can go looking at the gators :) Steve in so la