Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Traded For A CZ-70 Pro

After having a very frustrating month with a Minelab Quattro, I decided to trade the unit in with another treasure hunter for a mint CZ-70. I just recieved the CZ in yesterday's mail, and will be using it for the first time today & tomorrow.

I have had a Fisher 1266-X for a long time and had much success with it, and now I realize that I should have stuck with Fisher all along. At least now I know to stay away from MInelab, and stick with the brand that really performs for me.

Anyway, I wanted to ask those of you with alot of experience with the CZ-70, what are some of the tricks to gain extra depth or unwritten operating tips for this fine detector?

Thanks In Advance!

Barry

There are no tricks. It's a CZ and it loves deep coins without them! If you've got a good set of headphones set the cz volume to 4 and listen for the deep faint "ticks". Also for now set the sensitivity at 4 and leave it alone for a while. I hunted with the cz7 for almost 10 years before buying my cz70and the sensitivity parameters are not the same. I was able to jack the sens up on the cz7 to 10 without problems. The cz70 however is much hotter and gets crazy if you set the sens too high. I have been able to get it to 6 on a few occasions without problems...but definately no higher.
You might dig a few nails at first but you will be able to differentiate between nails and a good signal with a little practice. If the signal is repeatable as you circle the target then its a good target 90% of the time. If the signal breaks up in any way...then it's probably not good most of the time.
All of this post is my own personal experience here in IL so it may be different for others.
Good luck and you will LOVE the cz70. I will always keep it no matter what else comes out.

n/t