Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just to keep our forum active....I will try to post a ring story if I don't have too many problems posting that is....

Ma Betty in MO

:unsure: I posted this story years ago on the forum and some of you may still remember it....but here goes: When my ex and I first begin :twodetecting: , I was shopping in our nearby Dierberg's store and overheard two ladies talking and one said that her husband had lost his nice diamond ring while tossing water out of their window well after coming home from a ballgame one evening! After finishing and realized later that his ring was missing....they tried to hunt for it themselves even using a metal-detector but not knowing what they were doing they had no luck! I waited until they finished talking and when she was alone I approached her and said I couldn't help overhearing her and I would like to help, explaining that I used a metal-detector and although fairly new at it, I would try...so we made an appointment for me to come by, as her home wasn't far from where I lived!

I took my detector and walked to her house...talked to her a few minutes and I said with all those short plants in their flower bed it could even be in there! Well, I am back again...don't know where this disappeared to but I am baaaaackkkk! I started around the window well where there was gravel and a shrub growing...checked the limbs to see if the ring might have been tossed and caught onto one but wasn't and then I hunted the front where the short plants were and LO and BEHOLD...I heard a nice clear sound...reached down and brought up the beautiful man's ring with large diamond! I rang the doorbell and told her here is the ring and she was happy and gave me some money...stuck it into my hand which I didn't even look at until I reached my street! She had been watching me, apparently, and said she realized that they didn't know how to use the metal-detector properly and I could come back and hunt when they were home....they had two large dogs...I went back once and couldn't hunt very long and found little...after all I was new at:detecting, and really didn't know how to search a yard like I could later on! After I opened my hand and seen what she gave me I had $25.00....really could use it back then with batteries, detectors and etc.

I saw her a couple years later and her husband had been down South and was skipping stones across a river and he lost it again by slipping off his wet finger and apparently was not to have that ring after losing it the second time and not recovered!

Well that's all FOLKS...From 1977 to 2006 or 2007, I had a great time of enjoying detecting and getting exercise in God's Big Beautiful Outdoors! May God Bless each one and their families to find the goodies and enjoy detecting! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Nice and cool here, too. Not sure of the temp this morning, but around 45. After the flooding we've had in the last few days, the sun is shining brightly!! Woohoo!

And good awareness to think of the ring hooking on a tree limb ! Sure glad you found it - always nice to do things like this. Steve in so la

Good story Ma, thank you.

This Forum would be much more active if all the "lookers" or "lurkers" made some contribution.

Just have a look at how few contribute.

Many threads have 100 views + and a half a dozen comments or so, and always by the same few people.

Christians are supposed to be encouragers, not just takers.

Great story Betty. Glad you were successful in finding the ring. Being reasonably new to detecting at the time, you must have felt really good about yourself as well as our hobby. Who knows ... Maybe someday I'll have a story like this to share?

n/t

Good story, Ma. Thanks for sharing it.

Lisa