Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just spent $89.00 at the gas pump.....

Dan-MO

2.99 per gallon here.But what the heck,things could be much worse.My heart breaks for those poor people on the Gulf coast.My son works for a co. that specializes in getting power restored after natural disasters.He does very dangerous work often under horrible conditions working within a few feet of high voltage wires,removing trees from them etc.He travels around the country wherever the need is most urgent and is in route to Mississippi now.He is also a crew leader and won't send his men on the most dangerous of assignments....he does them himself.

I worry about him every day and wish he would find a new line of work,but he loves what he does so I support him.I know he must get tired of my constant reminders to make sure he stays as safe as possible and to not take short cuts at the expense of his safety.

alot of people in texas drive pickups.i see alot of extra cabs and i know there only getting about 14-16 miles a gallon.i think lots of people think this will all blow over and gas prices will return to 2.00 dollars a gallon some day.

some people probably think it's a big conspiracy by somebody or something.i don't know the half of it but i think the day of the big gas guzzling pickup is over.i liked my pickup and wish i had a new one,but detroit needs to produce a smaller more fuel efficient pickup.

the small ones they make now have been getting bigger,i hope they turn it around a bit.

i filled up because i know prices will go up soon.

it is gonna be really hurting. GM is run by old men that do not look to the future. That is why the Japs have been busting their butts for them.

I worked a auto show in Huston for GM one year and that is the first time I was told that Texas was the state that bought the most pickups. It also surprised me to find out that very few of them are four wheeled drive. Most of the ones sold up here are 4wd but I guess that is because of the snow.

I drive a 4wd GMC and love it but it has a 26 gallon tank and it hurts every time I fill it up. I filled it up the other day, drove out to my daughters for an hour or so, drove back home and filled it up again and it cost me 13 dollars. One round trip and the grand kids want me to come to watch them play football and such. How the heck can a person afford it?

from $2.53 to $2.89 in 8 hours yesterday. FOOEY!

Mary said she heard they were selling it for over 6 bucks a gallon in Atlanta. That station owner is a looter and should be shot, is my view. Of course I don't really want him or her shot. Maybe sticking them in one of the camps will be better

just hit em in the kneecaps so they'll remember it with every step!

especially on people who may not make but 10 dollars an hour or so.i here that if you adjust for inflation this gas crisis isn't any worse than the one in the early eighties,but i tend to not believe that.

a person that commutes 30 or 40 miles to work one way probably eats up more of their pay commuting if their vehicle doesn't get good gas mileage.

i wouldn't be surprised if some people might not be better off if the situation doesn't improve to just take a lesser paying job closer to home than eat up alot of their pay commuting.

i guess if things stay the same it will make a big change in the way people do things.

my truck only gets 8-10 mpg! What work i get requires my truck and i often have to drive 20 miles one way!
I refuse to believe the year after year lame excuses of the oil companies, gov't, and international money markets.
For example, we have just been told that our natural gas for home heating will be sky high, partly because of the hurricane in the gulf and i feel very sorry for folks down your way who will be caught between a rock and a hard place! HOWEVER, we have so much natural gas right here that we cannot even make a dent in it!!! What they
(the international companies and banks) are not saying is because they can now cry "shortage" and gouge folks in one area, they must also do the same to all others!!!
Put it this way, if we had a shortage of potatoes here, should you have to pay huge prices even though they were plentiful where you live? It would happen if only a handful of companies controlled the market.
Those poor folk in the hurricanes path have enough to deal with without being kicked when they are down by huge international corporations! They could be provided with many necessary items for only a slightly larger delivery cost.
Sorry people this is really not the place to vent, but i just lose it when i see good folk getting shafted by greedy "creatures" with no conscience!!
Wayne

Up another 40 cents today. They're calling out the local police depts. to control the traffic around those selling for a few cents less. Prices now at $3.29 reg $3.39 mid $3.49 super. Heard of some stations selling off their reg and only getting in super so they can charge the higher rate. Lots of panic buying! (Really MAD)

Dave

talking today that they might just plain "Shut Down" around November. That would really cripple the country. (Angry)

Dave

$3.68 an imperial gallon. Still way too much though!!! That is about $3.00 Canadian per US gallon. Thank heavens for the Cummins diesel!!!

Sunny skies

M

down to help. It has crossed my mind, Dan, after they get the electricity hooked up, what happens if there are people in the water when they restore it? Will electricity only go so far?

His job is a dangerous one, but he is good at what he does, and sounds very smart! I'm glad we have people around like him that DO know what they are doing!(no smiley available)