Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just some info on AA batteries for you

Tinfoil

I bought a pack of 24 American made EverReady batteries expiration date 3-2016 and tested at 1.608/1.607VDC bought at Big Lots for $9.00. Went to Harbor Freight next door and bought 24 Thunderbolt Magnums made in China that expire 12-2011 for $8.00 they tested at 1.624/1.623VDC. Don't know what the Am per rating is on either one. Just some information for you guys. I hunt all the time so they will go pretty fast and will be lucky if they last a month per pack. Me I like the $8.00 harbor Freight Batteries. A Buck is a Buck unless they don't last as long as the EverReady's. Will see. :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

That

I went the same route as cvs and bought eight duracell Nimh batteries with the charger.If theres one thing I cant stand,its constantly buying batteries.:rant:

I use Alkaline for some devices and for certain applications, however I typically use NiMh rechargeable for most of my stuff. I have a batch rated 2250 mAh up to a batch of 2750 mAh rated. When I buy a batch, I write the month/Year (i.e. 2/05 (Feb/2005))on each to help me remember how long ago I got them. Smart chargers are best. There is some good reading on-line regards to batteries and chargers. I also have a couple chargers that plug into a vehicle cigarette lighter plug, but haven't had a need for trying them yet.
For my devices where I use the Alkaline (clocks, remotes, radios, spares to carry, kids devices, etc), I have bulk packs I purchase from either Costco (Kirkland) or Fry's Electronic -100-pk which I'll nab a couple packs when on sale.

Also have a mini size tester that's LED indicated. It seems to put just enough of a light load on a cell and indicates a status. A digital meter can be used, but once a light load is applied, a bad cell can drop in voltage more that the other cells in the pack. I figure the pack is only as good as the weakest. Only had a couple times that something wasn't right and all it takes is one bad cell that can induce a headache.

I think back when I had one of my grand daughters I was taking care of for a few years, between her, her friends, and all the gadgets kids have, buying a couple 100-pk of alkaline batteries went fast. All the kids knew I was the local battery supplier. And would always get a couple extra packs for around x-mas time not only for the locals, but for the devices I send to my 4 other grand daughters. Gee-Whiz...... I'd do anything to keep the kids from getting their paws on my rechargeable stash after one day I found about 2 dozen of them missing. Just thinking about it is beginning to induce a headache - gotta go 4 sum coffee

I use the one from wall greens usually catch them buy one get on free they seem to last about 20 to 40 hours in most my machine.So if you catch them on sale they are pretty cheap.Don't know what they test out at.I will have to try the harbor freight ones.

Best buy I have gotten on good industrial grade batteries is from(batterywarehousedirect.com)as cheap as 25 cents a battery,128 industrial grade panasonic bats for 32bucks. 5 bucks shipping no matter how big your order.Check out the site and shipped to your door. I use Whites rechargeable packs in my V3,have 2 of em and get the other batts for my head phones and Garrett pro pinpointer.Yazoo

Occasionally my local supermarkets will use batteries as a loss leader, and that is when I stock up. I just purchased 8 Panasonic AA alkaline batteries for 1.99 a pack. OR 2 9V for the same price. They have limits and sometimes need $20 additional purchase, but that is when I stock up!

I've had the longest time on the standard Rayovac AA.

What's the best NiMh high capacity system out there? I've been seeing them on sale at Freddies and they have been pushing the Sonys. Just Googled around and learned that some of the chargers are a timed charge and some have the smart sampling technology that don't overcharge. What is a good setup that you guys have tested? Batteries can be had for cheap but thinkin' it'd be best to "green up" a bit and save money in the long run. Seems the charging takes a while with these too? Probably would just stick with multiple Whites rechargeable packs (for the detectors) but the V's headphones does burn through the alkalines fairly fast. Scott

Learned a while back...DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLES AROUND THE HOUSE ! My wife seems to love throwing them away!!! So I told her "You can lead a horse to water...but they just won't hold still for a picture!": (Just kidding, my wife is a beauty.) She still throws them away though?