Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just some Hummers

Royal

I was setting on the deck last night and the Hummingbirds were all over the place. I saw 12 at one time----I think, trying to count them is like juggling snot!

They would come right down and look me over and it was kinda scary :D

I finally went in and got the camera to see if I could get any shots at all. I put the shutter speed at 500 and used my telephoto, 3X, big deal and hand held it. I was happy with the outcome. Not National Geo quality but good enough for me.

The dang white faced wasp were all over the place and very agressive. The bees would be sucking nectar and the hummers would come in and the bees would go right after them. It was fun to watch.

there are so many button and switches, it is like learning a whole new language.

Sunny skies

M

I tried some pans this time but all the pictures are blury on the left side. I just noticed it :( I hope I have some crap on my lens

n/t

These pictures came out great, especially being taken "hand held" instead of mounted on a tri-pod when using a telephoto lens. Thanks for posting the interesting hummer macro photos. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

With all the buttons and switches...I think two years would be reasonable. Mike, as hard as I have tried, I seem to have a mental block when it comes to learning how to use it, and just end up taking pictures in the Auto Mode. I must admit that while it is frustrating at times, I am having fun with it. Hang in there, sooner or later, we will figure out how to use it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Then we can talk and try to show each other.. :)

If only my son would get out here. He is a genius when it come to this sort of thing.

Sunny skies

M

you had the speed spot on! Occasionally we get a couple at the feeder. They get really territorial and squawk at each other.

Dave

I cranked up the mixture to 50/50, as Wayne suggested and they love it. So do the dang wasps.

n/t