Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just put this on Steves Forum and you guys might want to see

Dan-MO

Found this US bridle,bits and halter with blinders and reins between the floors of the loft of a 150 year old barn.The 4 US buttons are all brass with the ones on the blinders being slightly smalled than a US half dollar. The buttons on the bridle/halter are about silver dollar size with a iron loop on the back for the leather to run through. I have not attempted to remove the buttons because the leather is hard as a rock and I will probably have to cut them off. I can find no markings on the bits but they are very rusty and I have not attempted to clean them yet. I am trying to find out how old it is

n/t

n/t

Neats foot oil and it should soften it enough? Normally keeps leather pretty pliable.

George-CT

A couple of weeks ago a friend tore down an old barn. After he had salvaged all the lumber he wanted from it he dozed it up in a big pile to burn the remains. I asked him if I could poke around in it to try and find some old lumber for a couple of wood working projects. He told me to take whatever I wanted as he was going to burn it all on the first rainy day. I spyed about a 10X10 section of the old loft that was boarded up on both sides. It had some decent looking old lumber on it that I wanted to try and get. Using a wrecking bar and hammer I pried a board loose and the first thing I saw was a small piece of dried leather.....I gave it a pull and drug out the whole outfit! I must say I got a little excited when I saw the US buttons.How it got sealed up in that old loft is a mystery to me. I tore the rest apart hoping to find more....but nothing else. As I came home from work today I noticed that the whole pile was burning. Just pure luck I found it when I did or it would have been lost forever.

n/t