Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Purchased the CTX 3030 (Newbie) and love the forum

scoopinloot

Sorry for not following this forum's instructions from the beginning but Why can I not find an instructional set up or something telling me how to set the CTX 3030 for water use. Granted I know it is only safe up to 10 feet of water but I thought there was a specific way that tells you how to set up the machine (a Practical set up) to modify it for water use with the headphones. Anybody know where to look for instructions on this? This is the one thing I am not too impressed with Minelabs about. I only purchase Minelab machines but there is nothing to tell or show you how to set up the 3030 for underwater use with the waterproof headphones. I have looked high and dry and cant find a thing. Also, I did not think this machine would be that difficult to learn,......was I wrong?

Any and ALL feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary

Excal II
GPX5000
E-Trac
CTX 3030

The CTX3030 is not difficult to learn, but it does have a lot of features, and that will take some time. First, I recommend printing out the manual, that helped me. You can go to the Minelab site and view the video that shows you what has to be done. Getting it ready for water is simple
1- remove wireless headphone module from the detector.
a) cover the headphone jack with supplied cap on the backside of the wireless modules or plug the waterproof headphones in, and tighten.
2- Make sure battery seal is clean and in good shape, and that it is installed correctly, and latched.
3- Check that the coil cable and control cable are tight.
4- Head for the water.

Check out these videos at the Minelab site.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/treasure-detectors/ctx-3030?view=videos

Thank you very much for the help and much obliged. Will do. Heading to watch the videos and thank you again for the information an link to follow.

Gary

396nova said:
The CTX3030 is not difficult to learn, but it does have a lot of features, and that will take some time. First, I recommend printing out the manual, that helped me. You can go to the Minelab site and view the video that shows you what has to be done. Getting it ready for water is simple
1- remove wireless headphone module from the detector.
a) cover the headphone jack with supplied cap on the backside of the wireless modules or plug the waterproof headphones in, and tighten.
2- Make sure battery seal is clean and in good shape, and that it is installed correctly, and latched.
3- Check that the coil cable and control cable are tight.
4- Head for the water.

Check out these videos at the Minelab site.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/treasure-detectors/ctx-3030?view=videos

Great post!