Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just purchased F75

CTDIGGER01

I just purchased a F75 and want to know if it is better to run the machine in all metal mode. Any suggestions on settings in either mode?
Thanks

ctdigger01

Company says better to run in disc mode in the manual if I remember correctly..And of course that would depend on the user. Myself I never did like all metal on the F75..

Congrats on your F75 !! I have the little brother F70 and always run in Disc mode. I keep the disc low and run in 4H tones. I love the high tone on this machine !! I hope you enjoy your new machine. It is very capable of finding the good stuff.

Congrats on your new detector, CTdigger01. Did you buy it new or used? What kind of sites are you going to use it on?

HH
Mike

I think its a personal preference. All metal is of course the deepest mode. Having said that, I run mine in de mode on the disc. side the vast majority of the time. As a coin hunter, I like to be able to use 3h and 4h tones, I run 0 disc., never use notch and sen. high until it starts to become a little sparky and un-stable, usually between 85-90 sen. If you are new to the F 75, run it a little tamer for a few hours. Just in the factory pre set modes, you will get plenty of depth and a grand setup to get acquainted with the F 75. Good luck, its a great machine. HH jim tn

one of the things that took me a while to get used to on the F75 was there was no volume change on target depth. Unless you are in all metal. So I would recommend you work in disc mode to start, but when you have some iffy targets, switch to all metal and listen well before digging. start educating yourself on what a target in both modes sounds like, especially deep ones.

rod-pa said:
one of the things that took me a while to get used to on the F75 was there was no volume change on target depth. Unless you are in all metal. So I would recommend you work in disc mode to start, but when you have some iffy targets, switch to all metal and listen well before digging. start educating yourself on what a target in both modes sounds like, especially deep ones.

1F and 2F are both modulated audio. Deeper targets give less volume...shallow targets more volume. Also size dependant. Large objects give a louder report vs smaller objects.

You are going to love it! Its like a swiss army knife. Plenty of tools to get the job done.

In motion all metal mode learn the zip zip and you can hunt wet sand as well as dry. In Disc mode you have plenty of options to suit your personal preferences as well as site conditions.

Good Luck!
HH
Mike

Will do well at the beach, don't let anyone convince you differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1u5eEM-jjI

I bought an f75 Ltd black about 2 months ago new and love it. I read the manual about a hundred times while I was waiting for it to arrive. Good luck with your new machine.

Hunting on the soccer fields were targets are pretty far apart, I run all metal, it don't take long to understand what the audio is telling you.

coin size targets scream at you, also the target id still works to. The disc mode on the 75 has a lot of tone I'd options to. Pretty much a personal preference.

Thank you all for the information. I'm starting to get the jist of the machine and I am sure it will be much clearer as I go. Again Thanks.

I just bought my F75 about 3 weeks ago. I am still learning the intricacies of the machine. So far I am quite satisfied. I set it disc mode sensitivities at 70, disc at 65 and notch at 27. I am getting about 7" to 8" of depth. Last week I found a 1943 liberty half dollar at 7-8" deep. The machine was sounding off. I also found 3 silver dimes. 2 were at 3" or less and a 1946 silver quarter at 9". Fortunately, I was watching the screen. It was giving me a reading of 83 or 84 with 4 or 5 bars but not a sound. I swept the coil again and it was the same. I decided to dig. Man was I happy it was a silver coin. I am listening and taking advice about how to maximize the depth. I will be experiencing with the all metal mode. Will it give me an extra two to three inches in depth. Also, does a large coil like 13" or 15" give me more depth versus the stock coil.

whyicare said:
I just bought my F75 about 3 weeks ago. I am still learning the intricacies of the machine. So far I am quite satisfied. I set it disc mode sensitivities at 70, disc at 65 and notch at 27. I am getting about 7" to 8" of depth. Last week I found a 1943 liberty half dollar at 7-8" deep. The machine was sounding off. I also found 3 silver dimes. 2 were at 3" or less and a 1946 silver quarter at 9". Fortunately, I was watching the screen. It was giving me a reading of 83 or 84 with 4 or 5 bars but not a sound. I swept the coil again and it was the same. I decided to dig. Man was I happy it was a silver coin. I am listening and taking advice about how to maximize the depth. I will be experiencing with the all metal mode. Will it give me an extra two to three inches in depth. Also, does a large coil like 13" or 15" give me more depth versus the stock coil.

Notch at 27?
Don't want to tell you your business nor do I know you or exactly what targets would make you happy but at 27 notch you are cutting out the top half of the foil section.
This is something I would never do.
If I did there are a few big silver chains and several smaller gold rings I would not have in my collection that I now own up to and including a small older heirloom ring that has not a cultured but a natural pearl and that I am 99.9% sure is .999 gold which comes in right on the border at 27.
This is possibly a very special lifetime find since nobody uses natural pearls anymore and finding 24k is a very rare thing indeed.
Not to mention all the other cool things that possibly can come in at high foil.