Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered my 2500 today.

I just ordered my 2500 today and it should ready to pick up around Tuesday. I probably wont be able to pick it up until next weekend though. I have about an hour and a half drive one way to get it , but I'm looking forward to the trip to go get it. I just have a couple quick questions about the GTI 2500; #1 - Have they made any changes to the 2500 since it was first released. #2 - I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the new 2500's don't have the treasure talk feature any more. That would be fine by me because my metal detector dealer says the novelty of that feature wears off fast and I probably wouldn't use it. #3 - Have they changed the 2500 to handle highly mineralized better than it used to. I just wanted to make sure that what I heard was correct and if there were any other changes in the 2500 that I may not of heard about. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer any of my questions and who can help me to understand the 2500's features better. Leave a little in the ground for me to find. Craig.

Since it was released there have been several changes. They replaced the original white coil with a better designed "Rhino Tough" coil. Much less falsing is what I've read. I still run into 2500 users with the old coil once in a while. They designed a chip to deal with the heavy mineralization in Australia that has been standard issue for at least 18 months. Bill or John may recall when that change happened. In the latest tweak a few months ago they eliminated Treasure Talk and made that button control the back light. There was another minor change at that time but I can't recall what it was.

Garrett service is the best. I have read numerous reports of Garrett upgrading detectors that were not under warranty for no cost. The board is full of stories about 2500s going back to the factory for the new chip and returning with the new coil also with no charge.

As for Treasure Talk I really like it. I turned it off for one set of batteries and afterward turned it back on and kept it on. I really, really like it. I could easily hunt without it but I strongly prefer to have it activated.
Chris

Good decision, I think you will like it. Bill and Chris, along with others will provide good advice on using it. I do like the treasure talk and am glad mine has it.