Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just ordered a small F75 coil....how do you like yours?

Randy In Kc

Was hearing so many positive comments on the coil that I ordered one. Just wondered if some of the finds I see are made with the stock big coil or some with the smaller coil.

It doesn't id as well as the stock coil, and picks up very small items. I only use it at the trashiest sites.

Hi Randy,
When using the little elliptical , concentric coil , I first ground balance then run the sensitivity as high as I can before it gets chatter .
My other settings are -

DISC LEVEL - 0
NOTCH -1
# OF TONES - 3H
PROCESS - dE
Here's a 1 + 1/2 hr. hunt from a couple of nights ago .It was at a local park which has been hunted hard for years .I hunted both wood chips covering dirt and plain dirt that evening . Everything I found was from 1" to 3" . The 43S Merc and the 1953 (once fully gold plated ) aluminum , bezeled , Elizabeth 2 Coronation coin/medallion were dug under a baseball bleacher , both at 3". Everything else was at the 1" to 2" range .

That is a car wash token on the lower right corner . I used the small open field hunting a few days prior to the hunt shown and dug a lot of clad in the 5" to 6" range . Id gets a little "iffy" in that range but the tones and the Id combined will help you get some decent targets . It will dig some very small targets too but that's one thing I like about a small coil . You can get really close to metal bars and wire fences with it too .I don't think you will be disappointed , I like mine a lot .

H H ,
George

The small coil is a great option for an already killer machine. I found this nickel in the same hole as two rusty nails a couple of days ago:

Can't beat the service from the Original Dixie Metal Detectors. Ordered it about 3 pm Friday afternoon online and it was on the porch today, Monday, when I got home from work.

Box was so slim that I though they forgot to put the coil inside. Man is it small next to the original F75 coil. I am already thinking about what trashy site I can try it out at. Several of the relic hunters said that is the only coil they use. It might take a while to cover a large field but it looks like it will be good for getting around corn stubble.

Will try it out this weekend somewhere and let you know how it goes.

While it doesnt get the separation the DD gets....it DOES get fantastic depth....and is small enough to fit into areas your stock coil cant. Your stubble is a classic example of that. The little concentric is a good tool in the F75's or f70's arsenal!!! Streak!