Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just ordered a ACE 250 for my kid set up help wanted

nightsout

Hello All,
I just ordered an ACE 250 for my kid it will be here Monday. I wanted to ask from those who know ...
What to do first for out of the box.
Tips for starting her out with This Machine. I mean the exact settings for the park so she may find something(very important for ten year old to keep interest)
Any other things about This Machine
Thanks HH

Take it out of the box, put it togeather, put batteries in, turn it on, put it in coin mode and start detecting!!!! The Ace 250 is awesome, just tahke it out of the box and go!!!!
What I did was I watched all of the metal detecting videos on youtube. That is a great place to get hints, tips & tricks.
Here is a video on how to dig a plug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqRyBlS8220

a ten year old is gonna have a heck of a time digging in the hard August ground we all have.
Take her to the playgounds and let her kick the wood chips aside to find her targets.
If it was me I may fudge her success rate a bit and drop a coin or two in her path.
Early sucess is essential for a ten year old to stay interested.
Keep the shaft length short so she isn't fighting the weight of the unit.
Keep the hunt short and preferably in the cool of the morning and/or evening.
Maybe buying a Slurpee on the way home with her finds would be a nice tradition to start..

Simple to operate. Pinpoint takes practice and she should practice with it before taking it out.. Start in coins mode and run the sensitivity at four bars and cut her loose and let her go. Detecting ain't as easy as it looks or sounds so unless she is extremely lucky don't expect to hit the jackpot right away.

Bill.

Yeah the bark chips would be the best place to start and stashing a coin or two for her to find wouldn't hurt any. Starting her out digging in hard dirt is a rough way to go.

Bill

treasurefiend said:
Take it out of the box, put it togeather, put batteries in, turn it on, put it in coin mode and start detecting!!!! The Ace 250 is awesome, just tahke it out of the box and go!!!!
Wrong. Step 1. Take the DVD out of the box and watch it together. Step 2. Do what treasurefiend says.

gordygroover said:
Maybe buying a Slurpee on the way home with her finds would be a nice tradition to start..
Buy the Slurpee out of your money. Get a jar and have her SAVE her finds. Start a tracking list of where, how many and $$ amount she finds. Kids need to be taught to save their money. In my opinion.

Uncle Willy said:
Yeah the bark chips would be the best place to start and stashing a coin or two for her to find wouldn't hurt any. Starting her out digging in hard dirt is a rough way to go.

Bill
Ditto what bill says.

n/t

n/t

I'd do what works best for you. Maybe Dad likes to hear all that racket in all metal....I know I don't. Sounds like you are doing something right.:thumbup:

Hey all,
got the unit today watched the video and out we went to the play ground. The little stinker found a gold medalion on the third hole. It was great
grand total 2 dimes 1 penny 1 match box and gold.
thanks for all your help
nightsout,Sharon CT

great outcome for a first time hunt.
Hope she will soon realise how special that gold find truly is.
But most importantly, does she want to do it again???