Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just love the beach

Hoover

Thought this might warm the hearts of our northern hemisphere friends. Ive been using the 10.5" HFDD with my XT 70 and its now my coil of choice when detecting on the beach. Since Jan01 Ive bagged $275 from a number of different beaches in my area as well as these gold and silver items shown below. Was interested to get any feedback on underwater detectors as I m looking at a range of upgrading options. Thanks Brad.

If you are looking for a decent water detector, don't overlook the Excalibur by Minelab. Not being a water hunter myself, I prefer to think of it as a waterproof Sovereign. Same coils, same design principles, all packed into a waterproof housing. Several other manufacturers also make water detectors. But since this is the Minelab X-Terra forum, figured I'd better tout their product. :shrug: JMHO Randy

Great finds

Awesome finds! You really are doing great! I agree with Digger, the Excalibur. I hear really good things about it, Beale.

Ive been beach detecting for almost two years, and work on both wet and dry sand. I will sometimes have to lower the sensitivity over wet sand (depending on the level of saturation). Ive also used the tracking function if I'm working between wet and dry zones. I'm not game to take the detector into the water as the surf can be fairly unpredictable, so that's why Id like to get an additional detector as I'm sure there is plenty more treasures to be found. Brad

Sure know how to make us guys up north feel Bad....:cry:

I have been having 2nd and 3rd thoughts on if I was wrong on getting the 10.5" HF DD. Now after seeing the rings that Hoover has found makes me think I did the right thing on getting the 10.5" HF DD. Thanks Hoover and I hope that I find the right "honey hole" like you did. Cant wait until spring gets here up north.

Nice work.

I have yet to pull anything out of salt water wet sand. I should have consulted the FAQ before my trips to the beach. I had the sensitivity too high.

I am told that the beach I have searched has had a lot of jewelery lost on it by the owners. This year will be my lucky year!

Good finds and HH

:twodetecting:G'day hoover
What a treasure trove of goodies, you sure must have had a great teacher.
The pendant with the pink stone looks just like the one my missus lost a month or so ago, ha ha!
Just leave a few for me
regards
hanging rocker :crylol: