Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just got the 6"

Grunter

Man that baby is small. I can't imagine how its going to feel weight wise. I hope its as good as the reports I've read.Anyone using this coil did you have to adjust any settings to use it and does it pin point well and any change in the VDI's?

I have one coming tomorrow. I am looking forward to using it. I will say this, if it performs as good (which I am sure it will) as the 5" coil did on my Teknetics T2 SE LTD, the results will be good and plenty.:detecting:

No change in the #'s----run it hot----p.p.'s great (as would be expected)----goes deep (for its size)----swings like a dream.
Grunter said:
Man that baby is small. I can't imagine how its going to feel weight wise. I hope its as good as the reports I've read.Anyone using this coil did you have to adjust any settings to use it and does it pin point well and any change in the VDI's?

Its my fav in high target concentrations, as far as depth it will smack coins deeper than its diameter. The only changes I have had to make are the way I swing the coil, the 6 will hit so many targets in a small area you will need slow down a bit and wiggle over potential hits.
Jeff

I have been using it in my yard which has a lot of trash in it. I love it. But I think it will depend on the situation as to whether to use it or the stock coil. For me Im very happy with all I have found that I missed with the stock coil.

Well took mine out to a yard that I've hit with a number of different machines over a period of time. I hunted in park 1,7 recovery and sensitivity at 23. Hit a bunch of small nails with should have been pennies ot dimes.Switched to park 2,6 recovery and 20 sensitivity and all metal. I got it to settle down some and found a clad quarter,dime and 3 zinc pennies. That little booger is still noisy.

Grunter said:
Well took mine out to a yard that I've hit with a number of different machines over a period of time. I hunted in park 1,7 recovery and sensitivity at 23. Hit a bunch of small nails with should have been pennies ot dimes.Switched to park 2,6 recovery and 20 sensitivity and all metal. I got it to settle down some and found a clad quarter,dime and 3 zinc pennies. That little booger is still noisy.

Lower recovery to 4.

Grunter said:
That little booger is still noisy.

If you've already noise cancelled, and it's noisy...then you're running the sens too high.
Don't be afraid to reduce the sensitivity.
There's no perfect 'preset' setting...adjust it till it's quiet.

And as 5900 said, drop the recovery. The smaller coil already has better separation because of it's size.
(That will help get back some of the depth.)

The real issue with the higher recovery speed it narrows up the target size, which in turn leads to chatter your are talking about, to many signals to fast to separate. Now slow down your sweep speed and work the individual sounds just like you would with the bigger coil. where are you running your iron bias? 4 wouldn't be out of line. JMO
Jeff

Thanks all for the tips.I'll definitely back off on my recovery speed. I've been running iron bias at 6. I'll be backing that off to.

I recently got the 6 inch coil,,,,I detect a old beach that gives up some silver and wheat back pennies but its laden with iron . Hopefully, this coil separates well,,,and depth

I absolutely love my 6”coil. I’m still pulling stuff out of my yard. It’s nice for in the woods too. If I were you I would try turning the sensitivity down. Especially In trashy areas. Run an area both ways. I run mine around 17 to 20. Usually. Sometimes even lower just to see. More than once I have popped a coin out that I missed in the yard. Working it slow if it’s trasy. I have a ton of coke in my yard to work around. Last night I pulled a dime that read 17 not sure what that was all about but is was almost red color. Anyway I think you will love it. Enjoy!!