Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just dealt with a very ugly trojan virus...................

WillyP

I was downloading a hard to find song and sure enough....wham!!!!! It re-wrote my desktop immediately so that all buttons leading to my hard-drive, some files and my programs manager, disappeared. I tried every trick I knew and finally yanked the hard-drive and chucked it in the garbage. The plus side is I have a new, cleaner, faster and larger hard-drive and a somewhat fresh start on things. Two days of pure computer hell though. Not too far from giving it to one of my kids and weening myself off of some of this technology. :stars:

backed off more than one nasty problem. I download a lot and have had a bunch of virus and spyware over the years. I had to format my drive about a dozen times but it is good to do that occasionally.

My puter was running for crap the last few weeks and I thought I was gonna have to format again. I hate doing it as it is a pain. I ran spybot and Malwarebytes and each found some junk and I deleted them. A person needs to keep their spyware updated and use more than one. Keep the virus protection up to date too, I use NOD 32 myself

I used to hate them but have gone back to Norton internet security the past couple years and have had zero virus probs. Also like Royal said TWO antispyware programs, actually 3 because Norton has it built in now. I have read lately that BitDefender is the top rated antivirus now.
I think the time is gone when one coulds just use AVG free:shrug:

Are the kids using the puter? They treat puters like they treat cars it seems. Turn the key and don't even think about maintenance, then whine for help when its busted:veryangry:
I haved not had a virus problem since the kids moved out.:biggrin:

One: I was using AVG (free) and the kids have done thier share of damage. Unfortunately, I have to take blame for this as I was downloading songs for a family video. Live and learn!

running Norton, Spyblaster, Spybot and Ad-ware. The last 3 are freeware you can download. Between all of them I've been fine for the last 2 years and I tend to wander all over. My kids do a lot of the game stuff online and those are loaded with all kinds of stuff you don't want.......

Geo-CT