Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought Explorer SE....First Finds

grahamcracker

Just indulged and bought an Explorer SE today. I have previously used a Fisher 1270 for about 6 years and wanted to upgrade. Figured I would try and get the best on the market. I was anxious to use it today and didn't have much time so I just turned it on and went to town. These very meager finds (almost not worth posting) are from a backyard. The oldest penny is a 1944 and some weird dragon like broach? Looking forward to actually reading the manual and being able to tweak it. Definitely going to take a while to get used to the slower swing speed and the different sounds as compared to the 1270. Was told that when this detector is tweaked it will outhunt any detector on the market. Looking forward to that!

At least you broke the ice.:clapping: It might take some to time to really master your SE, but from what I have read on the forum it's a darn good machine as is all of the Minelabs. I'm looking at getting one myself. GL & HH.

Eddie

Welcome aboard...and nice finds.

You did the right thing in my opinion...when you stated "I just turned it on and went to town".

I wouldn't do any "tweaking" until you have a few more hunts on it.

Here's a response I gave to another hunter about learning the SE language a little before "tweaking"

If you want...click the link and give it a quick read.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1213218,1213654#msg-1213654

If they werent the best other popular ones wouldnt be trying to talk smack about them all the time. It funny how they always compare their brand to the Explorer not other brands.... that tells you something doesnt it?

Dew