Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a used CZ-5 ..help..

Relic$Hunter

Hey guy's I just bought a CZ-5 mainly because I have never owned a Fisher and wanted to give it a whirl.
I mostly hunt cane fields for civil war relics is this machine going to perform as good as my shadow x2 or my minelab explorer 2 ?
Is there any tips as for as settings any of you guy's could give me?
It came with a sunray probe and three coils 5" 8" 12"

Thanks... Louisiana Relic$Hunter

Looks like your loaded for bear..
Will blow the X-2 out of the water for depth and will go as deep or deeper than an Explorer and of course no weight ptoblem swinging..
First and foremost start with the pushbutton ground balance and work up to the bobbing methods. Will give you more depth and stability.
Two schools of thought on sens. some put it at 4 and leave it there while others run it as high as they can 5-6-7-8...tough to get much higher...of course disc. depends on what your after...some like to run volume at 10 where the deepies really ring out whiles others run it at 4 to give a modulated efect(shallow loud and deep soft)..Swing it slow for maximum depth and refer to this site Mikes CZ page
http://mikewd.fws1.com/ and of course any personal questions let me know as I have used CZ's since 92.....last but not least have volume at 10 when you ground balance so you can hear audio changes always can put where you want after balancing..

OMG... Dan you have me excited now the machine will be in tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.
Planning on hitting my hot spot Friday and I will let you know how it performs.

John Kelley