Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a Sovereign XS

Relicpro

I am new to the Sovereign. I just bought an XS for a beach detector. I mostly relic hunt and use Tesoros, a T2, and a Nautilus for that. I noticed that in my test garden the Soveriegn is almost as deep as my Nautilus (that is awesome). However the depth is only achieved if there isn't any iron masking the target. As a matter of fact, if there is a nail anywhere near a deep target my Sovereign stays nulled out over the good target. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent this. If I can get a little better separation out of the XS I may try it for relic hunting too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again
Robert

There is 2 things i can think of, first what is your sensitivity set at?? If you have it too high you will have to really go slow as it will see more trash. Another thing is you are running no disc (disc mode with the control knob all the way counter clockwise) so there will be less nulling and more signals. Also where there is a lot of nulling you will have to go much slower than normal as when you swing the coil it should have the threshold nulling and signal on each sweep, if not you maybe going too fast. Remember you cant go too slow with a Sovereign, but very easy to go too fast and lose some great targets close to trash. From experience with the Sovereign you will hear those slight hints of a good target in with trash. Many coins I find have nails very close to them and some even have rust spot on them.

Good luck

Rick