Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just back from my week at the beach. Hardly any gold, and it looks like I may have a defective Excal 1000 :sadwalk:

wesbeach

My week of catching every low tide is complete. I didn't find many targets and only a little gold with no gold rings. While others around me found gold rings, I found a little clad and a couple silver rings and one SS ring. I will keep on trying though.

I tried going out into the mine some this week and had a problem with the detector going crazy if it was hit by a wave. It would start falsing like crazy for a while and then eventually calm down. With the rough waves we had this past week, it was useless waist deep in the mine and even at the edge of the mine because the waves would sometimes break high. If I went neck deep in the mine, the detector seemed to work ok, but then I would nearly drown every time a 3 foot wave hit me. I just read on another forum about others with the same problem, and it appears to be a defect with the latest lot of Excals out of Minelab. This is getting to be very frustrating :veryangry: because I bought this new Excal just so I would be sure of getting a good unit vs the one I bought used off ebay last year that never worked right in the mine.

Maybe someday I will have the good working Excal that everyone raves about...

Wesbeach

n/t

Wes, you aren't running a coil cover are you? If so, lose it. OR at least Permatex it on and completely seal it. I had the same problems until I did this with mine and it solved it straight away. If you aren't using a coil cover and you have everything tight and not running it too hot, then I would agree it probably has a problem.

Wes I agree with Mike on the cover . If it get sand in it It will false very sporadic. Some times I remove mine and clean it out several times a day. I ran into a guy in Cocoa that had his wire tied on. I cut it loose for him and the entire cover was solid sand.Make sure your rubber gasket to the battery is in place a small drop of water will drive you nuts also.Good luck in figuring it out. HH

My coil cover is not sealed into place and just slips off. I have no problems with it at all. No falsing and works good in the water. I guess mine is 3-4 years old. The latest batch of machines from Minelab seem to be plagued with problems.

n/t