Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just arrived home from one long bike ride.........

Kelley (Texas)

I rode just a tab over two hundred miles and took a few pictures. Later this evening, after I read the rest of Royal's five stories, I will record the pictures on the computer and in a day or two I will write a story about the ride I took today. Today's ride was south of San Antonio, down in the brush country. I saw field after field of corn crops and even had a coyote run across the farm & market road in front of me. At a remote rest stop on State Hwy. 80, I saw seven possible illegal Mexican immigrants sitting under some trees a short distance away. I could tell that my appearance appeared to make them nervous. Well, I need to pull the bike into the garage and park my pickup truck back in the driveway. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Victoria, Texas is on my list...lots of history over in that area. At the present time, it would really be a long ride for one day for me. Getting there would not be a problem, but getting back home would be a problem as I would be extremely tired. Riding tired opens up the possibility of having a mishap. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It was hot, 95 degrees and I forgot to take a coke with me. I just now finished editing the pictures that I took today and think that I will be going to bed here in a few minutes. I want to finish reading Royal's stories, but it will now have to wait until tomorrow. His diving stories, and Mike's stories, fascinate me...kinda wish that I had done it myself many years ago.

Say, one of the small towns that I went through when I was returning to San Antonio had a small airport and they were flying those ultra light type of little airplanes. I think that the kits come with instructions and you could take a few lessons and then be on your way! They do not look like they would be very difficult to fly. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

186 miles on the Scooter with Mary at Glacier National Park. Maybe it was at Rocky Mt National Park, I am not sure. It was a long day for two of us on that sucker but it was a blast

there is a place in Ohio that sells them. You buy them for 8G or so and they throw in the lessons. I think it would be a ball but don't have the money:shrug:

it was about 1975 or 76,and i left dallas about 8 at night.when i left san antonio headed towards corpus christi i started looking for gas.i couldn't find a station open and thought i was going to have to pull over and go to sleep on the side of the road till daylight or run out of gas.i finally found a station open.

i would have thought there would be some towns open between san antonio and corpus,but they rolled up the sidewalks:).

n/t

country trip. All that I can say is that yesterday wore me out and I do not know how folks condition themselves to ride 300 to 400 miles per day on a trip. What puzzles me is that I did not get sore or any pain from yesterday's ride, just got plain tired for some reason. If we do not get any rain this coming weekend, I am going to go on another similar long ride, but make sure that I take a coke with me this time, and see how I fare. I heard about a dying small town that use to have a lake...but no more. The lake evidently dried up around 1910 or there abouts. Their Post Office shut down some time in the 1950's. I just heard about this town this afternoon, and by accident listening to two people talking about a family reunion. There is also another place that I could ride to this weekend, a small town where the famous Gun Fighter Westly Hardin killed a couple of men. This second place is down in the brush country south of San Antonio, not far from where I went yesterday. There is a third place that I want to visit in the near future, not this weekend...the area where Jim Bowie might have had a silver mine. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Neither am i! I think the heat ,and the wind beat you up. We just don't realize it, cause riding is so enjoyable! Boating does the same thing, crept the saltwater air makes you hungry! Once i get caught up with things around the yard, getting the seasonal chores done, roof repair, cutting grass etc, i will plan a 1 or 2 day road trip on my Roadstar to Maine or the White Mountains, in June when its warmer. So far, got the Float in, replace the Catwalk, and splashed the Pontoon. Got the foundation of the house, re cemented, grass cut. Now for some roofing! Ugh! Then i can play!

With the rising prices at the grocery store, she now buys the "store brand" coffee, along with a few other "store brand" items. I suspect that the "store brand" coffee does not have the food value of the major brands of coffee like Folger's or Maxwell. As a result, you have less energy and get tired sooner. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

set up a geocache find that you need to hit all of them in about 5 miles, and they will give you enough info to find the final one and grand cache of them all. Its called American runs on dunkin........

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ad340cce-5180-42d0-8e6d-4b4d4fa2754e

I have about 5 of them within 5 miles of me. You would think they would all starve to death. Now they added a Starbucks in the middle of them.... I never felt this was Starbucks Country to be honest, but I see cars in it all the time so must be...

Geo

A small colony of the ants can completely eat four donuts per hour...a larger colony of approximately 500,000 ants can finish off a dozen donuts in less than two hours, three hours if they eat the box too! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: